AT&T - Great place to work, if you don't mind working. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Great place to work, if you don't mind working."

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Clovis, CA
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Clovis, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with AT&T for over 30 years, through several name changes. I am not going to sugar coat it, if you are willing to work and adapt it is a great place. If not, look elsewhere. Benefits are good, pay is good. It is a large company, so it has it's challenges. Education is valued and tuition aid is available. There are opportunities for advancement within the company. I have friends in other large companies and comparing their experiences with mine AT&T is as good an employer, if not better than most. In my job function I work in all aspects of the network (wireline, wireless, data etc.) so I have a fair knowledge base.

Cons

Sure there are cons just like any other company, but they are petty ones not worth listing. I know this a one sided review, but I have a great career and honestly wouldn't change a thing.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to improve the customer experience, which is what it's all about.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "great place to work"

Former Employee - Call Center in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Call Center in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, 401k plan with company matching and paid time off

Cons

high-pressure call center environment to meet weekly and monthly quotas. Sometimes deal with irate customers

2. "AT&T was a great opportunity!"

Former Employee - Call Center
    Former Employee - Call Center

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ATT offers many different opportunities for training, developing good customer service skills, and was a very positive experience all around.

Cons

Quotas were strictly enforced which was frustrating at times, due to the workload. The shift that you worked was based on seniority only, and raises were based on contracts, not an individuals performance.

Advice to Management

The only advice that I could give management would be to keep the line of communication open with your reps. Making sure that each service rep understands what their job performance looks like is very important. Coaching them to achieve even high goals means that everyone benefits.