AT&T - Anyone should apply. | Glassdoor

"Anyone should apply."

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

No longer a company you can retire from.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Great benefits and good pay, but employee's are getting valued less."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a lot of good experience at AT&T. It is good if you ever have to move also because it is easy to transfer locations. Variety of positions in Sales and Engineering/IT. Good benefits and steady job where you can make good money if you are good at sales.

Cons

Everything is about politics and about making the company more money. Sales goals change almost monthly and there are way to many metrics and things that they require us to sell. Meanwhile they keep reducing the commission we make. Can be very stressful at times. Very difficult to get out of the retail store if you want to do more with the company. Also the fact that it is retail in general, makes it difficult to close big sales sometimes.

Advice to Management

Realize we are in the wireless industry and stop adding more metrics for us to hit. If you want your employees to stay then you should stop reducing their commission and taking away positions. Reduce stress by making sales goals more realistic. We are humans and not just numbers...

"Good place to get your feet wet, or retire to"

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

Stable employment and not too demanding workload. Good place to to be if you value stability and happy with current level in career

Cons

Lack of career growth for motivated folks. Slow or little learning opportunity. Misguided management style unfit for modern day tech work force.

Advice to Management

Young and talented people needs motivation and mission. Provided them, else they'll find else where that will.