AT&T - Do yourself a favor and Do NOT work here | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Do yourself a favor and Do NOT work here"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Rapid City, SD
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Rapid City, SD

I worked at AT&T part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and that is about it.

Cons

They suck the life out of you! No time for friends or family. I was hired on as a part-time employee and I worked on average 40 to 65 hour weeks the whole 6 months I worked there. They would schedule me less than that, but they would tell me i had to work extra shifts because they were so short handed...needs of the business..etc.You typically do not get a break and if you do it's within an hour of your shift being over. I got physically ill from not being allowed to hydrate myself and go to the bathroom on 2 ocassions.Managers micro manage all the time. Expect to be followed around all the time with your manager/assistant manager asking you "what are you doing?" "Why are you doing that?" "Do you think you could have handled that customer differently?". I literally mean all of the time. If I didn't reccomend an ipad, home phone, or mifi device to every single customer I helped (including customers that came in just to pay a bill, apply a discount to their account, or inquire about when the next iphone launch would be) I would get a "strike" and after 3 strikes they fire you. Which is complete BS considering the strikes never fall off!

Advice to Management

Give your employees a chance to sell things without you standing over their shoulders all the d*mn time.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Great income, but you gotta be a shark"

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High hourly start, depending what store your at it could be very laid back. Managers are down to earth and extremely cool.

Cons

Its a sales job, there are more quotas that you have to meet besides selling cell phones, can be really stressful at times

Advice to Management

Great Job guys

2. "Money"

Current Employee - Call Center
    Current Employee - Call Center

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Money is good, but i wouldn't recommend to any one.

Cons

There are alot of cons, too many to actually list.