AT&T - Decent Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Decent Place to Work"

Former Employee - Call Center in Lafayette, LA
Former Employee - Call Center in Lafayette, LA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent amount or rate of pay

Cons

Management sees you as a #, not a person

Advice to Management

Get to know the employees as people

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Whatever"

Pros

Its alright working there, not too great or too bad

Cons

Its a whatever company, thats it

Advice to Management

Whatever

"Used to be a good job, going downhill fast. The way they treat their employees is awful and borderline ILLEGAL"

Current Employee - Call Center in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Call Center in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Money. The company pays double what an average customer service representative generally makes in this industry. Benefits are ok, used to be free, monthly premiums keep going up every year.

Cons

AT&T used to be a company to be proud to work for. Honestly, these days I am ashamed to say I work for them. In the past 3-4 years the company's greed has taken over completely. We were told a few years ago that the company was going to bring outsourced jobs back to the US. They did, however they are now "insourcing" those job to low wage,vendor companies like USA 800 for example. Also dosent help that they hold us to ridiculous out of reach sales goals, while we spend most days for 8+ hours fixing messes that these vendors and strictly commissioned service reps have created and calming down customers that have been lied to repeatedly and promised things that simply do not exist. And we are expected to sell these people more products and make sure that they are very satisfied at the end of the call. I once received a ry dissatisfied survey from a customer who had problems from the month before with a man who had lied to her and promised her things that were just not true. She was upset, gave me a negative rating on the survey 24hours later and even left a 5 minute long rant about the man she spoke to the previous month. My manager listened to the call and said id don't nothing wrong, but I should have tried to offer her a cell phone and maybe some Uverse. I was still held accountable for the negative survey.

Advice to Management

Put yourselves in your employees shoes. Intimitdation and scare tactics that you may lose your job if you don't meet their ridiculous sales goals do not work. It only creates low morale. Quit hiring from the bottom of the barrel and stop shoving products down your customers throats. They already know about them and it does nothing but tick them off.