AT&T - Good company with excellent benefits. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Good company with excellent benefits."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Ramon, CA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They pay employees what they are worth. They evaluate other companies to keep pay in line with competition. I was able to work from home and actually worked longer hours and harder because I appreciated the flexibility. Benefits are excellent.

Cons

Jobs in CA are being eliminated due to strict regulations and policies by the state. It's just too expensive to do business in CA. They can pay employees less in other states. Only jobs with a future in CA are Sales (wireless).

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate and keep employees informed. This keeps us engaged and energized and lets us know that Leadership is thinking strategically to keep company profitable.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Lies, lies, lies!!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Pensacola, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Honestly, the office parties... We had good little get togethers and one huge party. That's the only time we all actually got along. You also meet some interesting people.

Cons

Drunk manager, empty promises, pyramid scheme, crazy customers yelling at you and threatening you within an inch of your life because they have an obvious sign stating "no soliciting" but our manager makes us go up to their door anyway. We were always out in "the field" and it was incredibly stressful. We were always getting taunting texts from other workers and management telling us they were disappointed that we weren't meeting our goals, while we were working/talking to customers. How about training us better?? I had never knocked a door in my life. A manager never went out there and showed me. He offered after months of me working but fell through. They also had us basically lying to customers about our product. They would never admit that... But I knew it was a lie when my customers called me and brought it to my attention. They need to learn how to train employees properly and how to encourage them with constructive criticism. The way they did it really just tore you apart.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to everyone. Customers and employees. And learn how to properly use constructive criticism.

2. "Used to be a great place to work"

Former Employee - Advertising Sales in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Advertising Sales in Cleveland, OH

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, great benefits, everyone was helpful and there is a sense of loyalty among employees who had been there for many years.

Cons

Very clicky management, they play favorites within sales team.Many managers just holding on till they can retire and don't try and motivate or inspire team. Feel like they are just counting their days.