AT&T - Assistant Manager | Glassdoor

"Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Retail Management in Melbourne, FL
Current Employee - Retail Management in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great salary, beautiful company to work for.

Cons

No work-life balance. Sales environment may not be for everybody. High pressure from area manager.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Wash, rinse, repeat"

Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned the complexities of corporate culture and how to work in a team setting. Pay was very good, especially for an intern.

Cons

The job became so repetitive. Did the exact same thing for each day of each week. Lots of meetings that were meant to get everybody on the same page, but were more counterproductive than helpful. Lots of red tape prohibiting any sort of innovation or outside-of-the-box thinking. Work events which were meant to make the workplace seem more laid back and friendly only papered over the very corporate atmosphere around the office.

Advice to Management

Loosen up and allow those lower down the pecking order to speak up and really show themselves. A lot of times those lower down who had the great ideas couldn't speak up and show themselves.

2. "Unfulfilled"

Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They generally paid on time. I worked closed to home.

Cons

They don't respect their employees. They hired people off the street to manage with no knowledge of actual company function. They have no desire to advance an employee's career from one department to another.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. You have people that are passionate about what they do. The upper management does not care about these people. My experience was that you are constantly looking for ways to get rid of people. I was extremely disappointed in how you treated my first line manager. Actually, all of the first line managers I worked with were treated poorly. You have talented people in your employ...listen to them.