AT&T - Good company to work for if you are good with cut throat sales | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Good company to work for if you are good with cut throat sales"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in San Dimas, CA
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in San Dimas, CA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay for the job. guaranteed pay increase due to union potential for commission based on sales monthly.

Cons

Constant changes on focus for sales goals, managers are constantly being interchanged to multiple locations and lots of micro-management.

Advice to Management

Hold everyone from management down to honest sales, not shoving sales goals down customers and employees throats.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"The company that hires incompetent people by the dozen."

Former Employee - Call Center in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Call Center in Washington, DC

I worked at AT&T full-time

Pros

Free personal wireless account and that is about it

Cons

Having a brain. It is painful to work with such complete dolts that this place hires. I swear the higher ups desire to make customers life a living hell and do everything wrong. If you call us we do not do any of the things that we say we will do. We just want you off the phone as fast as possible to hit our numbers. Seriously it is awful to work at a place where the customer will call back angry five and six times before someone actually does what they ask.

Advice to Management

Hire competent people that actually know what they are doing and do not lie to the customers. Quit paying yourself so much that that there is nothing left for front line people. All you do is drive customers away and make us hate working there,

2. "Wash, rinse, repeat"

Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Former Intern - Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned the complexities of corporate culture and how to work in a team setting. Pay was very good, especially for an intern.

Cons

The job became so repetitive. Did the exact same thing for each day of each week. Lots of meetings that were meant to get everybody on the same page, but were more counterproductive than helpful. Lots of red tape prohibiting any sort of innovation or outside-of-the-box thinking. Work events which were meant to make the workplace seem more laid back and friendly only papered over the very corporate atmosphere around the office.

Advice to Management

Loosen up and allow those lower down the pecking order to speak up and really show themselves. A lot of times those lower down who had the great ideas couldn't speak up and show themselves.