AT&T - We have clear direction externally, but kept in the dark internally. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"We have clear direction externally, but kept in the dark internally."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bothell, WA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bothell, WA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Online training; Lots of room for advancement

Cons

Little to no transparency past middle management. Executives do not care to investigate the inner workings of their infrastructure. Decisions are made in wide, careless swaths and are voluntarily uninformed and more times than not, lead to serious inefficiency.

Advice to Management

Actually evaluate the effectiveness of an organization. Make a truly informed decision. It's appalling that customer facing perception is fantastic and internally, a jumbled mess chasing 0's and not truly doing ROI comparisons of FTE's vs. Outsource.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Hostile takeover by SBC."

Former Employee - Office Support Clerk in Lisle, IL
    Former Employee - Office Support Clerk in Lisle, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits; periods of substantial overtime; nice facility; friendly coworkers; union protection; nice security: name tags, front desk with security guard.

Cons

I consider the SBC-buyout as a hostile takeover. Two center managers were fired, immediately. We were set-up to fail before we ever got started, i.e., production quotas were unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Don't treat us like the enemy. Treat us with respect.

2. "I spent 10 years here and everything is about average!"

Former Employee - Area Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities to move around and fair pay for white collar professionals. If you get on with the mobility side, then you can find career stability. In addition, opportunities exist to work from home.

Cons

You are only a number here and don't forget it! Compensation in Business Sales is not appealing to top tier sellers when compared to hi-tech companies. If you get caught in the wrong organization, then you will be impacted by routine workforce reductions. Advancement to Level 3 positions and beyond are more political than talent. Excessive amounts of "compliance" training and internal processes bog down productively and CSAT.

Advice to Management

Trim the fat...that means processes and not just people.