AT&T - AT&T Mobility | Glassdoor

"AT&T Mobility"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Ridgeland, MS
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Ridgeland, MS

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The are many great benefits to working with AT&T Mobility. There are awesome benefits (health, dental, vision, and 401k). Retail sales and there were always incentives to motivate individuals to obtain certain products. I think the best part about working for AT&T was the training. You have the option to train in your state or out of your state depending on your employment status such as part-time and full-time (great experience to network with other people starting out with the company.). Great employer if you are apart of the right team.

Cons

The only con about working for AT&T (at my particular location) was the politics. There were plenty of male chauvinism. I started off working part-time and worked every weekend. As a part-timer you were not allowed to bid on the schedule like the full-timers. You basically got what was left over. I later became full-time....same hours as part-time basically, but the chance of having weekends off was a plus. The only objection was management. Management would lie about policy. Until you called HR or the Union to report issues then magically the policy is different.The environment was party much you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. No motivation for all employee's to do better unless you were the store manager's friend or mole. Also, the turn over rate is extremely high.

Advice to Management

Motivate, Engage, and Talk with your employee's.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Decent pay long hours"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, fun atmosphere, challenging, meet new people

Cons

stressful quotas, long hours especially working weekends all the time

Advice to Management

Try to be more informed

2. "Underrated network with VAST partner network that gets in own way with way too many disparate disconnected systems"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

its great to work for a market leader. they truly CAN deliver every aspect of the enterprise IT portfolio. I dont know of a single other company that comes close. no bs. And yes, the Network really is quite good. Sorry VZW but you're not going to hold this one for long. If you play the networking game then you trully do have 1000's of career options around the world but networking is really the key. Lots of flexibility for managment to work from home. VERY stable company though not really a stable job. You'll never meet an employee who's had the same role for more than 2 years.

Cons

250k+ employees means you are a number and a revenue vs expense line. communication from sr. execs to the ground level is completely nonexistent. zero, and i mean zero fringe benefits up to and including coffee or even clean water. Cronyism seems to be an issue. VERY stable company though not really a stable job. You'll never meet an employee who's had the same role for more than 2 years.

Advice to Management

IF you care about what your employees want, ASK US and then be transparant about what people ask and what is happening to deliver on those asks.