AT&T - Provided a wholesome experience that granted me professional tools that I carry with me today. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Provided a wholesome experience that granted me professional tools that I carry with me today."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in El Paso, TX
Former Employee - Sales Associate in El Paso, TX

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AT&T offers good work benefits in addition to paid vacation.

Cons

They do not offer good health insurance and stock options.

Advice to Management

They need to micromanage less and enable employees to embrace individuality.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Once a leader, now roaming lost!"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

AT&T provides a good compensation plan and benefits at or above industry standards. There are opportunities to advance in the company and the firm is growing and adapting to the "new" world of business. This a very good place for women and minorities, and those that are truly qualified opportunities to excel will come to you with the slightest demonstration of interest.

Cons

Once very family and community oriented they have in many ways "lost their way" and the loyalty of the "Ma Bell" days is long gone. Expectations of employees call for long hours and a company first dedication, family and community are no longer important. Factors such as age and gender (male) are significant disadvantage in receiving proper credit for contributions, advancement and a sense of being appreciated.

Advice to Management

Recognize, compensate and promote on merit, there are many capable and deserving women and minorities without giving them a huge advantage in moving ahead. Value experience and loyalty from long time employees. Return to the days where work/life balance existed and family and community was important. Encourage working near where one lives and utilize virtual office and technology to reduce the requirement for travel and time away from family and community.

2. "Too much pressure."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Att pays better than many other companies and offers great benefits.

Cons

Att made it harder and harder to meet goals and make money. after a year most RSCs strongly dislike working for the company. Filed numerous complaints on management no actions where ever taken.

Advice to Management

instead of working against the unions work with them, LISTEN to your employees. Stop pretending all of your services are things consumers need. Shoving products/services down consumers throats isn't good customer service.