AT&T - Fantastic | Glassdoor

"Fantastic"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, lots of upward mobility opportunities, great pay

Cons

Lots of sales pressure, numbers driven

Advice to Management

Support staff as much as possible.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "customer service and retention"

Former Employee - Call Center in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Call Center in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay was good 57000 top pay, the benefits were good low monthly payment for medical insurance and the 401 k plan was matched well.

Cons

Prior to the AT&T being sold to Sbc the company was great to work for, but things went down hill quickly after the purchase. Sbc was from the school of High pressure sales, They brought in managers that pushed to sale things to customers in ways that seem like it was just barely legal the new management was horrible and slowly reduced the original AT&T managers down to one.

"Determined to be the best of the best"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

One thing that's rewarding about working at AT&T is that it's clear that the company is super focused on continued excellence. Leadership has a very clear picture of what it will take to beat out competition and be the best and everything they do drives to that.

We're very innovative. It's fun to work for a company that has "cool" products and services that the rest of the population loves to use in their daily lives. And there's always something "in the works." There's always some new use of wireless that someone somewhere is working on like connected cars or wireless healthcare services or something like that.

You could do just about anything at AT&T because there are just sooooo many jobs. Lots of us are doing something completely different from what we were originally hired for because we saw an opportunity that interested us in another part of the company and made a switch.

The compensation and benefits are good. Certainly market competitive from what I can tell. One thing I've always liked is the amount of paid time off.

Cons

It's a BIG company. That means there will be red tape and bureaucracy and all that jazz. We're encouraged and even rewarded to be innovative but it often takes a while to make a shift in process due to the size of the company.

Advice to Management

We need to find out why Chick-fil-A employees are so consistently top-notch. Do they do better training or are they hiring better people or are they paying their people more (doubt that)?