AT&T - Job Security but getting anything done takes patience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Job Security but getting anything done takes patience"

Current Employee - Director in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Director in Redmond, WA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company with many opportunities to learn new things, network, and grow. A technology leader and many jobs allow a great view of what's happening across the industry. Great people and most teams have work life balance. If you don't like your job or get bored, it's easy to find other interesting jobs across the company. There's always something new and interesting popping up and often offering work experience that's very valuable in the industry.

Cons

Big company with tons of bureaucracy and politics, especially in corporate and leadership positions. Tons and tons of internal company processes with many "boards" to approve every possible angle of a project. Old school when it comes to workplace hierarchy but can vary from organization to organization. There aren't going to be many company sponsored celebrations like Christmas parties and company picnics. So don't work here if you love that stuff. It's all about getting the work done for as little as expense as possible. That's not only reflected in the project budgets, but also the facilities, annual raises, and lack of investment in tools.

Advice to Management

Find ways to empower your people. Massive amounts of time and energy are spent on internal processes which zap away employee motivation and project momentum. It's created a culture of CYA instead of inspiring people to move the company forward every day. After a few years, most people get beat down by "the system".

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "A diverse and innovative culture!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Innovative and a rich inclusive environment. Employee Resources Groups are vibrant and supported by leadership: Not only minority groups but also employees with disabilities, LGBT, Veterans, Women, etc. all provide training and developmental opportunities for personal and professional enrichment.

Cons

Challenges include inconistent Leadership values - 60% or more of the IT team work remotely but Finance leadership for some reason, either doesn't trust the technology that AT&T sells OR this unit does not trust its employees to work remotely. Never mind, employees under another leader had worked remotely for close to a decade without issue. One AT&T needs ONE FACE.

Advice to Management

Why the mixed message when AT&T sells the technology for working remotely securely? Why does leadership allow a differing view that is archaic - butt in the seat. Loosen up on funds for employee development and travel. Employees representing AT&T at any event is good PR.

2. "A great way to see the world and learn all about the different cultures........Diversity is what At&t is all about!"

Current Employee - CSSS in Oakton, VA
    Current Employee - CSSS in Oakton, VA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Learn everything you can about the At&t business........Opportunity is out there!

Cons

Life is all about balance.... The At&t corporation should work on strenghting & training all the employees through education and understanding the the industry. The more the employees are diverse in technology, customer relationship, owning responsbility and understaning how they fit into the industry; then the stronger the At&T corportation will grow and be profitable........Share the wealth!

Advice to Management

We all are teachers & we all are students...."As we make our journey through this world, we learn, from every person we meet and we teach every person who meets us." What we learn from people makes them the teacher and us the student. What people learn from us makes us the teacher and them the student.

Let's learn & care for each other to make this company strong and bring success to all!