AT&T - Job Security but getting anything done takes patience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Job Security but getting anything done takes patience"

Current Employee - Director in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Director in Redmond, WA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company with many opportunities to learn new things, network, and grow. A technology leader and many jobs allow a great view of what's happening across the industry. Great people and most teams have work life balance. If you don't like your job or get bored, it's easy to find other interesting jobs across the company. There's always something new and interesting popping up and often offering work experience that's very valuable in the industry.

Cons

Big company with tons of bureaucracy and politics, especially in corporate and leadership positions. Tons and tons of internal company processes with many "boards" to approve every possible angle of a project. Old school when it comes to workplace hierarchy but can vary from organization to organization. There aren't going to be many company sponsored celebrations like Christmas parties and company picnics. So don't work here if you love that stuff. It's all about getting the work done for as little as expense as possible. That's not only reflected in the project budgets, but also the facilities, annual raises, and lack of investment in tools.

Advice to Management

Find ways to empower your people. Massive amounts of time and energy are spent on internal processes which zap away employee motivation and project momentum. It's created a culture of CYA instead of inspiring people to move the company forward every day. After a few years, most people get beat down by "the system".

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "A great way to see the world and learn all about the different cultures........Diversity is what At&t is all about!"

Current Employee - CSSS in Oakton, VA
    Current Employee - CSSS in Oakton, VA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Learn everything you can about the At&t business........Opportunity is out there!

Cons

Life is all about balance.... The At&t corporation should work on strenghting & training all the employees through education and understanding the the industry. The more the employees are diverse in technology, customer relationship, owning responsbility and understaning how they fit into the industry; then the stronger the At&T corportation will grow and be profitable........Share the wealth!

Advice to Management

We all are teachers & we all are students...."As we make our journey through this world, we learn, from every person we meet and we teach every person who meets us." What we learn from people makes them the teacher and us the student. What people learn from us makes us the teacher and them the student.

Let's learn & care for each other to make this company strong and bring success to all!

2. "Great Job at a great company."

Current Employee - Call Center in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent opportunities to use your existing skills while learning new skill sets.

Cons

Understaffed department leads to mandatory overtime