AT&T - Tough hours. Union means nothing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Tough hours. Union means nothing"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Oak Brook, IL
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, I feel their service is tops in the industry.

Cons

Children run the stores, favoritism, store manager hides in office with door closed unless cigarette break

Advice to Management

Find qualified store level managers

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"People Silo'd - Management Obstructs Development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company Stability
    Work - Life Balance
    Promote telecommuting
    Compensation / benefits
    Internal communication - you need email filters to handle it all.

Cons

Managers obstruct development; hesitant to allow job changes once they have a good team.
    The individual is a nearly valueless cog in a huge machine. Assimilate or go crazy with frustration.
    Directors very stingy with technical development. Even if it's an established items in your development plan, money is never available. I think they get a bonus for not spending training dollars.
    You must be very diligent for and go after any additional duty - it's only way you'll learn new skills, besides book learning and very lame computer based training.
    Heavy focus on off-shoring - Many companies have already learned this lesson, why not AT&T?
    Conversations with ousiders quickly result in "I hate AT&T". Tiring to hear this - I want to be proud of my employer.

Advice to Management

Every year CXX's pay lip service to development. Every year Sr. Directors find an excuse why it can't happen even when we document specific needs in our A&D's and we talk about it quarterly during reviews. AT&T will fall behind if it continues to be so stingy with tech development. Stagnation is poison and death for technologists. I don't count compliance training and learning to be a strike breaker to be career developing training.
    We hear lots of happy propaganda from Sr. Mgt, but it doesn't match up to what's really happing in the trenches, and public perception. Are they really so disconnected, or don't really care, or worse? I really can't tell but it doesn't flatter management.

2. "Not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay was good and the benefits were decent for me and my family.

Cons

Trouble when AT&T bought out Centennial Wireless because the transaction did not go as smooth as the said it would. Lots of jobs lost that they said would not happen during the merger.