AT&T - Business Account Manager in BIS from BSLDP. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Business Account Manager in BIS from BSLDP."

Current Employee - Business Account Manager
Current Employee - Business Account Manager

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No one knows what's exactly going on so you build great relationships with complaining co-workers. Salary is decent. Your team will become very close as they will be the person you rely on the most for advice vs your boss.

Cons

I understand that you need to embrace change to work for this company, but the amounts my quota increased regularly throughout my time working there was absolutely ridiculous. In less than a two year span my quota in one of my sales buckets increased a total of 300%. It changes so quickly, I could sell the exact same amount of products in January as February but one month make $2,000 and the next $600. They not only change the quota in your 4 separate sales buckets you are supposed to hit every 3 months, but they change the percentage they pay you on the quota in those months, therefore most employees don't have enough time to determine exactly how they are getting paid. In your offer you will also have a number that is your "at risk" for commission (around 20k a year) that they tell you you can make up to 300% of for the year. This sounds great coming from a prior sales job where I was regularly hitting over 200% of sales, but not one person on my team hit their total at risk for the year. What they also don't tell you is part of that "at risk" does not go to your commission check, but to an AT&T rewards card. To get that part of your "at risk" you have to hit a minimum of 110% of whichever 2 buckets they want you to sell that month, but in order for AT&T to make even more money the 2 buckets they will randomly pick are the months when those two sales buckets pay you the least. So you're left with the option to spend your time selling the 2 products that will pay you the most about 60% of your at risk, or spend your time selling the 2 products that will pay you 30% of your at risk and get to 110% of those numbers to earn that extra 10% on a bonus card for that month. Basically what I am saying is when you think you can sell 100% every month, you very well may be able to just expect to get paid 60% of your total at risk.

Advice to Management

Don't give one person the responsibilities to sale what should be assigned to 4 separate departments. As a business account manager you are responsible for the customer service portion as well as sales, but because you have such hefty quotas in so many buckets when there is a service issue (and you get paid nothing on retention) you are encouraged to just ignore it or send the customer to a 1-800 number. You also encourage us while making the sale to tell the customer that I will be the only point of contact for them. Act like your

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Overall a good experience and great training."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Cheyenne, WY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Cheyenne, WY

I worked at AT&T (Less than a year)

Pros

They concentrate on the training- There is a 4 week training that they pay in full for, the plane ticket, your hotel room, food while you're there. The instructors were great too. They really care. And then when you get to your store, from my experience, your manager and co workers are very supportive as those first few days tend to be a little intimidating.

Cons

It is a union job. So it is very hard for a manager to fire an employee, which is a double edged sword. We had an employee who never did his job, always complained about EVERYTHING, and half the time didn't even show up for work. But the manager could no get him fired because he was protected by the union. So the rest of us were constantly picking up the slack. Also, if the store doesn't get enough business because of being in a small town, as was our case, they will shut own the store (understandable, they need money) but will not help you transfer to another store. It was a pain in the butt to say the least. And if you work in a store like mine, expect to not have a personal life. You wake up and go to work, and then stay until the store is closed and go home and go to bed.

2. "Great Company"

Former Contractor - Senior Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX
    Former Contractor - Senior Systems Administrator in Dallas, TX

I worked at AT&T as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent work culture and environment. Flexible hours and great pay

Cons

No benefits and promotions. No team work spirit.

Advice to Management

run some promotions

AT&T Response

May 14, 2014 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and willingness to recommend employment at AT&T to a friend!