AT&T - It has been a wonderful experience, allowing me to build a business with in the corporation. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"It has been a wonderful experience, allowing me to build a business with in the corporation."

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are growth opportunities for you as an individual to expand your technical experience and education. Along with that there are advancement opportunities to move up the corporate ladder. They offer great benefits, including a pension, and the salary for a manager is very good.

Cons

The growth opportunities are frequently not where you are, so growth today will require your moving in most cases.

Advice to Management

Do not take a position and feel this is "it". Continue to look at the educational opportunities that are being offered and take advantage of them. The is a very rapidly changing work environment new positions today will not exist it ten years. It is your job to keep alert to the changes and constantly prepare yourself for the next position.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Overall it was ok, but I would never work there again unless I could have the same co-workers"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Bartlesville, OK
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at AT&T part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best co-workers ever. Team dynamics were unreal but Upper Management always found a way to squash the good times.

Cons

Company asks a lot of their sales teams and it negatively effects every customers experience. Company only cares about ATT and not their employees. Its ridiculous

2. "Grand concepts, ridiculous execution."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Daphne, AL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Daphne, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, bargained environment, co-workers, most first level managers and most RVPGM's and higher.

Cons

Area Managers and Directors who are thoughtlessly hateful at times. I get it, your job is to hold my feet to the fire, but consistently this was done as a default mindset and at times it was all too apparent that the "feet burner" knew absolutely nothing about what they were scolding (yes, scolding) us about. It was regularly ridiculous. Promises of better treatment were consistently made. Delivering on those promises usually lasted about a week, if that.

Advice to Management

Your people will respect you so much more if you actually get in the game. I've watched all levels of management duck out on an escalation (not refuse to assist, just not right then) at times, but out first level managers seemed to somehow still practice frequent customer "denial." They hear the issue, but just sort of jump on something else I've been there, I know the game. If you do that too much though, your people lose a lot of respect for you.