AT&T - Wonderful Company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Wonderful Company to work for"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Greenwood, IN
Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Greenwood, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have the drive and ambition to succeed, then AT&T provides you with the rest.

Cons

Long hours, Mid Shifts that cut into day and evening hours and work on weekends

Advice to Management

Try to align the pay scale better between Sales Reps and Management. If you are very successful at sales, you will most definitely have to take a pay cut as an assistant manager.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Grand concepts, ridiculous execution."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Daphne, AL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Daphne, AL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, bargained environment, co-workers, most first level managers and most RVPGM's and higher.

Cons

Area Managers and Directors who are thoughtlessly hateful at times. I get it, your job is to hold my feet to the fire, but consistently this was done as a default mindset and at times it was all too apparent that the "feet burner" knew absolutely nothing about what they were scolding (yes, scolding) us about. It was regularly ridiculous. Promises of better treatment were consistently made. Delivering on those promises usually lasted about a week, if that.

Advice to Management

Your people will respect you so much more if you actually get in the game. I've watched all levels of management duck out on an escalation (not refuse to assist, just not right then) at times, but out first level managers seemed to somehow still practice frequent customer "denial." They hear the issue, but just sort of jump on something else I've been there, I know the game. If you do that too much though, your people lose a lot of respect for you.

2. "Just Ok. Used to be better."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great hourly pay, amazing health benefits.

Cons

Each year since I've been with the company they've added more products to sell and slowly decreased our commission structure so we have to work harder but get paid less. MICROMANAGERS. They build management up to think they're God and continuously talk about the "work/life balance" that is just not attainable in a retail environment.

Advice to Management

A little humility goes a long way. Quit micromanaging.