AT&T - Quitting as soon as I can | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Quitting as soon as I can"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good amount of vacation time (10 vaca days, 8 PDOs...increases every 4 years or so). Most office positions are flexible about telecommuting. Good insurance

Cons

NO consistency across the organization. Promises made, but not fulfilled by management. Pay is SUPER low, especially for someone with a graduate degree. Job description was misleading. NOTHING is done to increase employee morale. No extra incentives for employees (ex, no coffee machine, no company Christmas party, no filtered water...little thing like this would show that the company cared about it's employees). Everyone you talk to , in different organizations and across the country, always complains about AT&T. Training was awful, not informative, did not prepare me for my job.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation for your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Greedy Corporation - Miserable Employees"

Current Employee - Retail Management
    Current Employee - Retail Management

I have been working at AT&T full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get 50% off my cell phone and home service bill, other than that, None anymore. I loved this job when I started almost three years ago, now I rather go work at McDonalds!

Cons

Pay has went down every month, the goals get higher and higher every month, even when you're not hitting them, and the pay continue to goes down. I've been threatened to be fired by my area manager over something completely out of my control, I get talked down and treated like a child every day, when I'm a manager myself. The company sets unrealistic goals it knows no one can hit, than wants its employees written up and terminated. The turnover rate is getting to be out of control. The company is to big for its own good! The left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing. There is too many different departments, that transfer you from one rep to another rep, than hang up on you. Customer service is a joke anymore, they send customers into the store for issues we have no ability to fix or control, and for the issues we do have control over to fix, we're not allowed to credit this or fix that, because we will show up on a report and then lose our jobs. They have the reps juggling several different areas, and on top of that, forcing them to lie to customers about installing applications and on trade ins and accessories and other areas, yet when management is caught, they play dumb. I'm looking for new jobs as I write this, I can't stand this company anymore. Which really depresses me, because I wanted to make a career with AT&T.

Advice to Management

Stop being so goddamn greedy! You push and push and push so much on the reps and the store managers, and the pay hasn't went up any! Yet all the goals have and continue to do so. The companys vision has changed from cell phones, to Digital Life, UVerse, The Connected Car, and this vision they have for 2020 that is insane. We should be focused on now, and helping our current customers out, yet we leave them out to dry, and lie and rip them and our new customers off. All this company cares about anymore is how to make its already fat wallet, even fatter.

2. "Wonderful Company to work for"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Greenwood, IN
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Greenwood, IN

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you have the drive and ambition to succeed, then AT&T provides you with the rest.

Cons

Long hours, Mid Shifts that cut into day and evening hours and work on weekends

Advice to Management

Try to align the pay scale better between Sales Reps and Management. If you are very successful at sales, you will most definitely have to take a pay cut as an assistant manager.