AT&T - Great pay, terrible everything else. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Great pay, terrible everything else."

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is fantastic if for Sales Associates. Union job means you only work 37.5 hrs a week or you get time and 1/2.

Cons

There haven't been any new Sales Associates in years. Now they only hire Sales Consultants. Way less pay. The salary is low, with potential for big payout, except for the 'qualifers'. If you miss one unit of something it can cost you thousands in commissions.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your people instead of treating them like convicts. The guilty until proven innocent approach doesn't work. There is a culture of constantly trying to find fault with everything we do. Guess what? If you look hard enough you will always find it. Perfection is an ideal that can't be upheld.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "pretty good"

Current Employee - Student Intern I in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Student Intern I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

typical finance internship, but paid vacations, got 3 vacation days in my 10 weeks, and also was treated like a salaried employee.

Cons

massive company, hard to get the big picture. also working in Chicago is not that great, especially the commute sucks.

2. "Electronics Technician"

Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Miami, FL

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation is great compared to what other companies offer. Company seems to be structured very well.

Cons

Advancement is difficult, given that employees keep their jobs for a good portion of their career, mostly based on the high rate of compensation. People have to die in order for someone else to advance. It's very easy to become complacent, until the company decides to make VERY major departmental changes to staff and crew.