AT&T - Great pay, terrible everything else. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"Great pay, terrible everything else."

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is fantastic if for Sales Associates. Union job means you only work 37.5 hrs a week or you get time and 1/2.

Cons

There haven't been any new Sales Associates in years. Now they only hire Sales Consultants. Way less pay. The salary is low, with potential for big payout, except for the 'qualifers'. If you miss one unit of something it can cost you thousands in commissions.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your people instead of treating them like convicts. The guilty until proven innocent approach doesn't work. There is a culture of constantly trying to find fault with everything we do. Guess what? If you look hard enough you will always find it. Perfection is an ideal that can't be upheld.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "pretty good"

Current Employee - Student Intern I in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Student Intern I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

typical finance internship, but paid vacations, got 3 vacation days in my 10 weeks, and also was treated like a salaried employee.

Cons

massive company, hard to get the big picture. also working in Chicago is not that great, especially the commute sucks.

2. "Get the experience, and then take your money and run"

Former Employee - Retail Management in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Retail Management in Hartford, CT

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Better pay opportunity than nearly any other retail management. Access to the newest technologies. Benefits are as good as any company.

Cons

Often high pressure. No accountability for upper management, and limited resources to hold sellers accountable. Union rewards mediocrity instead of achievement. Hours and work/life balance is usually crazy.

Advice to Management

Get out now. The grass really is greener on the other side. Managers get tossed aside like garbage when it serves the company's larger purpose.