AT&T - Great | Glassdoor

"Great"

I have been working at AT&T full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of selling. If you can push new lines of service you will get paid.

Cons

My store does not have many accessories which makes it hard to sell them.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Run by politics not talent"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I worked at AT&T full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Once you have seniority scheduling will possibly get better depending on your manager. Some really great managers and some terrible ones.

Cons

Scheduling is awful, no promotions based on talent only based on "exposure" with upper management. Managers do not help develop you only talk about helping you grow within the company. If you're looking to move up into corporate you are automatically not considered because you're part of a union. Rules are consistently twisted to avoid any argument from reps within the store. Just in my experience I've seen at least a dozen talented people walk away from the company because of the management promoting friends rather then people who are good at their job. It seems great in the beginning but after about 6 months - 1 year it all goes down hill.

Advice to Management

Stop promoting based on "exposure" and promote based on talent. Stop promoting your drinking buddies.

2. "Computer Programmer"

Pros

AT&T is a wonderful company to work for. I enjoyed my experience with them and learned much from my peers. I was given many opportunities.

Cons

Sometimes they are stuck in their traditions, but that is why they have been around for as long as they have. Sometimes the culture is cliquish.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide various opportunities to members. Observe cliques within the company and directly and/or creatively discourage them particularly if they are unproductive and destructive towards either the bottom line or the devalue of others.