AT&T - Team Lead at AT&T | Glassdoor

"Team Lead at AT&T"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Team Lead in San Ramon, CA
Former Employee - Senior Technical Team Lead in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Flexible work environment. Able to telecommute or flex hours when requested. Provided with proper work tools and comfortable working environment. San Ramon facility has (had) a nice cafeteria. Middle management VPs encouraged employees to be making themselves fireproof or at least technosavvy so they would land well if they lost their jobs.

Cons

Out sourced a lot of IT to IBM, which in turn, off shored to other countries. End result was a lot of AT&T employees out of work. San Ramon facilith was due for refurbish. Training was encouraged, but not a lot to be found.

Advice to Management

Offer more training in the salaried IT area and make the process for taking advantage of the training more visible.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Overall good company"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great benefit, good pay for what you do. Very strong company to work for even in the bad economy.

Cons

Can be extremely stressful with ridiculous goals that are hard to achieve.

Advice to Management

Have a heart sometimes don't stress out your employees so much and they will work hard for you.

"Bellsouth was Great, AT&T, not so much"

Former Employee - Signature Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Signature Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Comeraderie, training, salary, benefits. Y

Cons

Micromanagement is the watchword, yet I never met my boss, who worked in Tampa. They would lay awake at night thinking of ways not to pay our commissions. I never felt valued as an employee. AT&T was transparent though, I knew I was working on borrowed time and I was lucky, 2 years to the day, 12/31/2008 I officially separated from AT&T. Got the old Bellsouth package, so yay me!

Advice to Management

Trying to put the phone company back together isn't really working. Having 17 diferent systems and a diparate workforce only frustrates customers.