AT&T - It's not a bad place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"It's not a bad place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Pros

The work is easy.
The salary is nice for a temporary job
The people, although they don't get along with each other, are very decent to me personally.
The bosses are really decent and seem to try to look out for the people who work under them.

Cons

This company is not bringing on anyone full time. Apparently EVER at this location. Although the compensation and benefits for full time employees is excellent, it does not appear that anyone new will be able to take advantage of it. Ironic considering the profits that this company is enjoying and how HORRIBLY short on staff this building is.

Advice to Management

As with a lot of union shops, for every 10 good workers there are 1 or 2 bad workers. Being a facility with union workers, management is limited in what they can or cannot do however there has to be a way to make sure that petty infighting and reasonable minimum standards of performance are reached without disrupting the flow of how things are between labor and management. I am very pro union, unfortunately they protect the lazy as well as the hard working.

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

"Not for you if you have children and no help!!"

Former Employee - Call Center in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Call Center in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Great Salary
    Great Benefits
    Perfect Hours
    Excellent Training and trainers
    Friendly Environment

Cons

You can not miss any days at all during training or be a minute late. I got fired because of two accidents on my way to work and the road to the office was closed and I had to take an alternate route, which was backed up with other people going the same way. I was written up!! It was not my fault, but they did not care!!! My child was sick and I did not have anyone to get him from daycare, so I had to leave and I was fired the next day because of three write ups for tardiness and leaving early!!

Advice to Management

Not all people can help it if there are accidents and they have children! Show some compassion for your employees!! Being two minutes late because of traffic accidents should not be written up and a sick child that the daycare called the supervisor about should not be written up.

"AT&T- cool products- Antiquated business model, and very slow moving dinosaur with worst customer service on Earth."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Houston, TX

Pros

Good Benefits, free cellphones, discounted Uverse, tuition reimbursement. Lots of vacation for those with lots of years, 401-k,

Cons

No work life balance, executive leadership that micro manages to death and only wants to hear from "yes" men, very, very slow moving- bad marketing- always a day late and a dollar short, expects managers to work 7 day work weeks with no time for family. A very anti- family company, pays very low beginning salaries and once individuals work years and years to earn more will lay them off to save $$$$ and hire new employees they pay NOTHING. They recently had a layoff and let go of some veteran super stars and kept individuals that had been with the company for a few weeks and other new managers who are openly mocked at quarterly recognition events for being long winded and slow on the uptake. Really sad. I was so upset about what they did to people i decided to leave the company after 5 years. At&t Favors ARSM's that are single , unmarried with no children or with adult kids so they can work and work and never relax. Upper management is very insulated and is not open to ever changing their style, will always be a follower. Company and last place to Verizon. Very good VPGM, but he is poorly served by horrible upper management team in Houston that is despised because they are inept, clique, not approachable, and couldn't sell a phone if their life depended on it. They are inept and only able to manage by fear. They never bubble up the concerns from the files that keeps us in last place! Customer service is soooooo bad, stores and agents number one training focus is to BEG customers..."please call me if you need help!!!! Please don't ever call our horrible inept customer service!" it is known companywide that the only good customer service teams are in the retention department.
    At&t Treats people like slaves. They even track their employees with monitoring devices to micromanage every aspect of their day. They want mindless robots to speak alike, sell alike, react alike- no creativity is welcome!!!
    No company team building except for an annual meeting where they hold you hostage in meetings from 7 am to 7 pm and don't ever give you a rest or even a break for lunch-( feed you in meeting).
    No company events, no picnics, no bonus, no morale, no fun!Employees have no expense account and have to pay out of pocket for incentives or sales spiffs to clients, once in a morning meeting, the leadership team make pancakes because there was no budget for food!!!
    Have to leave your family and work the day after Thanksgiving, can not take any vacation days off from Nov 15 th through Jan 5th. Management has no power to adjust customer accounts or fix problems, you have to pass the buck to someone else to fix it and guess what? It doesn't get fixed and the customer has to spend hours and hours to fix their issue. I can't believe that they are actually surprises they just got voted the worst customer service in the industry.

Advice to Management

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.