AT&T - AT&T is overall a good company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AT&T

"AT&T is overall a good company to work for."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Raleigh, NC

Pros

You get great benefits and overall the job is not too stressful. I enjoy being an RSC because I not think the job is too stressful and I enjoy being at work. In my store pretty much all the reps get along and help each other out, so this job has not only been a great way to make money but it has also been a great way to make friends. Customers usually are pretty good to work with so it is really rewarding when they are satisfied with their service and products. This job has given me many skills that I plan to use for the rest of my life.

Cons

I hate having to work on weekends and that is what you have to do in order to make money because that is when all the customers come. I also hate when customers are rude or difficult to work with. Sometimes they treat you so poorly like you are not even worthy to speak with them. They also lie all the time to try to get us to bend our policy. I also don’t like having to stand up for eight hours. I feet and legs hurt when I get home.

Advice to Management

To try to know everyone on a personal level

Other Employee Reviews for AT&T

1. "Mostly happy at AT&T"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

An opportunity to learn alot in a faced paced environment. Nice perks such as free home phone, internet, and cell phone discounts. Plenty of online training available if you have the time.

Cons

Long hard hours in different areas of the company. Sr Leadership sets extremely high expectations without understanding what is really needed to get things done. Too many layers between those that are setting the direction and the actual workers. No room for advancement. Company wants employees to help sell products such as phone/internet even using a tag line like "to those with home offices" but many groups do not allow telecommuting.

Advice to Management

Streamline where possible. Adapt a more progressive philosophy with managers by letting them telecommute without having to attain 25 approvals. People work hard with little tuition reimbursement, no money for training, inability to telecommute. Learn to give a bit and get alot back.

2. "Just another dot in the big picture"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Team Lead in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Team Lead in San Ramon, CA

Pros

There are significant opportunities to update your skills & try out new jobs. But with the economy going down & the company laying off people, it gets tougher to find new jobs & try out new work environments. I would still say it is easier to change jobs than most other companies.

Cons

usual red tape in big companies & slow(er) career growth

Advice to Management

improve performance evaluation process