ATCO - How does ATCO measure up? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ATCO

"How does ATCO measure up?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

ATCO has a wide range of companies and requires a diverse base of employees. There are few barriers to moving around within the company unless you are in a highly specialized position. ATCO is family run and therefore places a great deal of importance on family values of its employees. They are very active in the communities in which they work and that makes me proud to be an ATCO employee. I like that they promote from within before looking for new employees outside of the company. They remain competitive in their fields and I have a lot of confidence in where the company is going as a whole.

Cons

The diversity of the company can sometimes be a downside. With so many employees, its hard to know what is going on everywhere and sometimes you can feel disconnected. Because it is so family oriented and employee events tend to revolve around families, single people can feel left out of the loop on these. There isn't currently a vessel to find out what you might need to know about what is going on at the company either. And it takes a very long time for anything to change. That can be frustrating when you are used to how quickly the rest of the world changes nowadays.

Advice to Management

I think Senior Management at the corporate level does a good job of participating in employee events. However, some of the Senior Management at the operating companies could be more visible.

Other Employee Reviews for ATCO

1. "Trailer driver"

Current Contractor - Tractor Trailer Driver in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Current Contractor - Tractor Trailer Driver in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at ATCO as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

They treat there employees very well and there are lots of opportunities for overtime, overall good company to work for.

Cons

The fact I can have that much of an right when it comes to my a in my room and my I a lot to work with out on my mind is your life with a

Advice to Management

Share information will ALL employees NOT just managers; Make decisions faster

2. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at ATCO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance; Plenty of office space.

Cons

- Executives spend an inordinate amount of time planning and talking about the strategy and not executing it.
    - Many of the managers/executives have only ever worked her. They don't have any other industry experience.

Advice to Management

Share information will ALL employees NOT just managers; Make decisions faster