ATL Events Group - Overworked for minimum wage | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ATL Events Group

"Overworked for minimum wage"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador/Campaign and Events Marketing Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ATL Events Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The morning meetings are really great. But they are honestly used to keep you feeling like you can keep going to Sam's club to sell stuff.
-You get every other Monday off. And the Monday you work, you get your pay check.
-You can quit without a 2 week notice. Because so many people find out this is not the job for them.
-The people who work there are really nice.
-Some of the products are really cool.
-Teaches you to be more positive

Cons

-Long work days 8:40a-7p or later, once you get promoted, you may have to come in earlier. On set up days you have to get to the Roswell location at 5p and you may not get home til 1am or later.
-You drive a lot! You have to drive to the Roswell location Monday- Saturday and then go to the store which could be more than 50 miles away. And if you are not scheduled to work right after the meeting, you don't get your gas stipend.
-You have to stand in Sam's Club, Kroger all day and try and get people to buy products that they don't really need.
-They want you to take short breaks so you can get back to the selling floor.
-You have to memorize their marketing systems verbatim, because everyday you will get grilled and tested on them.
-When you get promoted you have to do more work with no pay raise.
-As we all know, standing on your feet all day does hurt.
-There are no benefits.
-You get paid $7.25 if you don't hit or exceed your goal ($600-800) or you get commission if you hit or exceed your goal.
-Your bi-weekly paycheck varies from $400-700
-You are taught to embellish the truth when talking about products that are sometimes cheaply made and crappy.
Honestly if you don't want to be over exerted, underappreciated, and underpaid don't work here!

Advice to Management

You guys need to be more honest with people when you hire.

ATL Events Group Response

Sep 22, 2014 – Human Resources Manager

ATL Events Group is a promotional advertising firm that represents globally recognized companies. We are passionate about creating innovative strategies for our clients and a positive work... More

Other Employee Reviews for ATL Events Group

1. "Awesome Company"

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time

Pros

Awesome culture of fun, and professional development. I feel like they genuinely care about their employees. I am constantly getting positive and critical feedback that is helping me become better. You can tell they really care about the training, education and growth.

Cons

I was very overwhelmed my first couple of weeks. Once I got past that I am loving it!

Advice to Management

Management seems to have a good sense of when to have fun and when to be serious. Please don't lose that!

"Hard work pays off"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at ATL Events Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team oriented. Management is always looking to help people in the company. Ipem door policy allows even someone starting on day 1 to reach out to an executive and corporate level positions.
    Most other companies have a chain of command and a protocol that you must follow. Networking is promoted here. If you don't know the answer, it's okay to ask.

Top performers are rewarded with all expense paid R&R trips.

Cons

The many opportunities that ATL events provides can be overwhelming to someone who has never been in the industry but it shows the limitless potential for growth for the company and individuals if they proactively take on opportunities. The work you put in is directly correlated with your results.

Advice to Management

Definitely continue to implement the Team Night Activities. Maybe set aside time with the Leadership team to creatively brainstorm new ideas for team nights.

ATL Events Group Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your experience so far with our company. Your honest input helps our mission for continuous improvement for all employees' opportunities and career growth... More