ATPCO - Employees are excellent and management team are sub-par | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ATPCO

"Employees are excellent and management team are sub-par"

Pros

Job security due to the monopoly in field, for now

Cons

Most of the management team have only worked at ATPCO or aviation industry

Other Employee Reviews for ATPCO

1. "Good changes"

I have been working at ATPCO full-time

Pros

I came here fairly recently, and while I see a company that has a lot of "old" mindsets, but I also see a lot of good changes happening.

Overall I like my work/life balance, and I get along well with my coworkers.

Cons

While the changes are happening, there are some "old" mindsets that will be difficult to change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the change, or wind up like a horse-drawn carriage company in an age of cars.

ATPCO Response

Aug 9, 2017 – Vice-President - Corporate Services

I’m so glad to welcome you as a new co-worker. As the leader of People Services here at ATPCO, it is my intent to create and renew a professional working environment where you feel empowered and... More

2. "Management"

I have been working at ATPCO full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ATPCO is a small and tight nest company, competitive benefits, good education reimbursement benefit. It offers job stability, if you are high performer. Management is flexible and supportive (speaking about my direct report) - will hear you out and show respect – value your opinion and input.
    ATPCO has a good vision and I believe it is trying to make some changes to be proactive and a leader in the industry it serves.

Cons

ATPCO has a decent share of employee with long employment tenure, which is great because they are knowledgeable and know their work well. However, some of them are having hard time sharing their knowledge without feeling threaten. People here do not seem to like change and in many cases, they almost refuse to change, passively. People is the most valuable assets in a company, they make things happen.

Advice to Management

ATPCO will be a better company and place to work if it has more change agents, which commit to focus on achieving the corporate strategy – can see a big picture instead of just what’s in front of them. Commit to only put the right people in the right seat, especially for those who will be in the driving seat!