AXA Advisors - You get what you put in. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for AXA Advisors

"You get what you put in."

Former Intern - Intern in Melville, NY
Former Intern - Intern in Melville, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working environment. Everyone is helpful.

Cons

There's a lot of cold calling. As an intern it was hard to escape the cycle of doing a lot of cold calling and very little of anything else.

Other Employee Reviews for AXA Advisors

"Decent Products - Terrible Management/Business Practices"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Woodbridge, NJ

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They train you quite a bit on the axa annuity and life insurance products. They are not so apt to train you in asset management (less revenue producing). They are good at ensuring management makes as much money from you as possible before you struggle and fall out of the business.

Cons

They are a greedy company. Management is all about their bottom line, not about producing strong all around producers. They will make you target your family as opposed to setting up a support structure around external sources. THEY WILL HOUND YOU AFTER YOU LEAVE THE COMPANY FOR ANY PAYMENT FOR POLICIES LAPSED EVEN 4 YEARS AFTER I LEFT THE COMPANY. I am not a person who would have someone buy a policy to drop it right after I left the company, but they have had these experiences in the past. BE AWARE - THEY WILL SEND LAWYERS AFTER YOU REGARDLESS OF YOUR TIME AWAY FROM THE COMPANY. I CANNOT RETAIN CLIENTS WHEN I NO LONGER WORK FOR THE COMPANY! It is the company's responsibility to retain clients after their costs and business practices force you out of the business.

Advice to Management

Stop harrassing ex-employees to pay for the inability of your teams to stop attrition. The most important thing for business is a positive word of mouth. Clearly, that is not the thought process running through the minds of management. Very upsetting, and frustrating as someone who came in out of college and thought I was working for a company that cared...

2. "Better off coming here if you are already experienced"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I worked at AXA Advisors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great for self starters and you get sponsored for your series 7, 66, and life and health giving you the ability to do everything from insurance to managed money.

Cons

Management gets the most comp on Vul's and Va's so the training is specifically geared to those products and services if you want to call it training at all.

Advice to Management

Need to provide more and better training to new reps