Aaron Brothers Art and Framing - DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT WORK HERE..ONCE THEY KNOW YOU NEED THE MONEY, IT'S ALL OVER! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aaron Brothers Art and Framing

"DO ANYTHING ELSE BUT WORK HERE..ONCE THEY KNOW YOU NEED THE MONEY, IT'S ALL OVER!"

Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - General Manager in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

The one, and only reason to work there, is to learn how custom framing is done, and the cost if it.

Cons

As a salaried General Manager, you are required to clock in and out a 45 hour workweek. I spent 4 weeks in Dallas, "training". This was 4 weeks of learning how to be a Manager! I've been a District Manager and Store Manager for over 20 years. I thought they were going to teach the process of custom framing...their bread and butter. Not so! I take over my store, and have a customer who wants to frame a football helmit! Guess what? I had no idea how to measure, not the first thing about it, I felt like an idiot.

Advice to Management

Morale here stinks, and they have lost many long term, and experienced Managers in the last year. They need to value people, instead of sending the VP to St. Barts every 6 months. Yes, that's exactly what he told me during a store visit. The gall of him, knowing we were struggling with payroll, and communication.

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron Brothers Art and Framing

1. "Assistant Manager"

I have been working at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing full-time

Pros

lots of cool artwork, customer base is generally very nice compared to most retail

Cons

it's retail, very high corporate expectations, corporate is very disconnected from the store level so often things can be pretty misaligned.

Advice to Management

promote from the store level, your corporate bosses are clueless

2. "Lead Sales Associate"

I worked at Aaron Brothers Art and Framing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a discount on art supplies at Aaron Brothers and Michaels because they are owned by the same company. It's a great opportunity to learn about art materials and framing

Cons

Poor management as to be expected with any retail job. It get's especially hectic during their buy one get one for a penny sales which happens about three times a year.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees how you would have liked to be treated when you were their age. With proper training anyone could do this job.