Aaron's - Good | Glassdoor

"Good"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

opportunity
great employees
great leaders
overall good company

Cons

None Aaron's is a solid company

Advice to Management

None Aaron's is a solid company

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's

"Not the best job I've had, but certainly not the worst"

Former Employee - Product Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Product Technician in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Aaron's pays their employees weekly, which is helpful in budgeting your money. Also, being a PT you aren't stuck inside the store for 10-12 hours like SMs, CSRs, and GMs are, and I have to be honest...the feeling of watching a happy customer tell all their friends and neighbors about their new 73" TV that YOU delivered is pretty cool.

Cons

Management treats you like crap. Very little praise from your RCAM or RM when you do a GOOD job (conversely, you get your a-double-s reamed for days on the off chance you screw something up). My RM had a SERIOUS problem with micromanagement. Stop pay is not a guarantee at some stores. My former GM in Norwood, Ohio store #C0291 didn't even pay her 3 drivers stop pay.

Sometimes you are out delivering or picking up merchandise until as late as 11:00 pm, and at least two-thirds of the late nights were due to unexpected deliveries/returns that my GM decided to load on myself and my partner at the last minute.

Cincinnati is a dangerous city, and at times you are out in the field just like the CAMs and GMs doing field visits (customers who don't pay). I have had dogs turned loose on me, guns pulled on me, and liquor bottles thrown at my truck.

Advice to Management

To RCAMs and RMs: If ran properly, your region can flourish. Underperforming stores underperform for a reason: mismanagement. The #1 reason why good employees become disgruntled and eventually seek employment elsewhere.

"Don't Waste your time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Pros

sundays off all major holidays paid off as well healthcare is fair if you can afford it.

Cons

Raises are a joke you will never feel valued EVER over five years of service only two raises 1st .50cents hr second .25cents hr. Five years .75cents an hour total. Long hours you will be trying to balance you life around work constantly,large percentage of customers are ssi based income with mental defects and elderly be prepared to be threatened yelled at and cursed out i have even seen assaults on rare occasion. Have no doubt you are simply a number to this company and they will treat you as such. Constant changes of collection about every six months because the company can't communicate with each other.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they are a valuable asset without them you would not exist. PAY them based on performance but PAY them. Treat your employees better and mabe you wont be getting sued constantly