Aaron's - Not a high morale place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

"Not a high morale place to work"

Former Employee - Internal Auditor in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Internal Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits - 401k match, health/dental insurance options, paid vacation. Travel for company included some appealing destinations and allowed to use return flight to stay over weekends.

Cons

Difficult to use vacation and time off in Audit Department; Business attire or uniforms (purchased) required in corporate offices did not seem necessary; very old school (good old boy) workplace; when traveling for work, required to take very early morning flights and stay at substandard lodging to cut costs - using sites like priceline to get better lodging was acceptable, but frowned upon; paid for travel up front (reimbursable within 2 weeks)

Advice to Management

employee morale, especially in the audit department, needs improvement

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's

"Management experience? too bad. total lack of integrity in this company."

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great way to get sales and collections experience all rolled into one. If you are a driver or CSR you get some additional experience as well.

Cons

They rarely pay you what you are worth. You work among incompetent staff members who make entry level pay and are okay with it. You work extensive hours and while you do make overtime, you are in no other way rewarded for your hard work. If you tick off the wrong person, you will never be eligible for promotions or raises. You have to basically kiss up to your management to stand a chance in the business because they do not base their decisions on performance or integrity. The worst part is that if you have management experience and enter into their "management training" program, the regional manager will set these ridiculously high standards for you that are impossible to reach as a carrot to get you to achieve his or her goals... not yours. And if it doesn't suit their needs, they will never promote you and will make up ridiculous excuses. Their hiring/promoting practices are seriously flawed and for that they are constantly losing GOOD people.

Advice to Management

You pride yourself on an excellent management training program where people can become GMs within 2 years, and yet I witnessed in 3 years multiple well qualified people get passed over for GM positions because our RM was "buddies" with other people who were incompetent and who did not have a strong record of success. I grew tired of being treated like I was a horrible employee for not reaching these outrageous goals, meanwhile people who did nothing for their stores received promotions and raises. And it wasn't just me, I just found out that other people who have worked for this company 3 plus years have been passed up too over the RM's college buddy. Create a standard for which you promote someone to a GM position and STICK TO IT.

2. "just started already tired"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is not extremely hard and the pay is pretty decent. The benefits are reasonable as well. Co workers at my store get along great with one another

Cons

Management is very unorganized. The training is horrible you pretty much have to learn everything yourself. After my first week here my supervisor (sales manager) went on vacation and the CAM went on vacation. The Gm was very busy and i was new along with another guy who is a manager trainee.. i was left alone alot of times with no idea how to answer questions or deal with certain situations. Why would you send 2 people on vacation when you just hired 2 new people with no idea what to do? The hours are not cool but i try not to complain that much because i dont work nearly as long hours as accounts and the sales manager. I usually work anywhere between 8-10 hours a day but with an hour break its not that bad. Time goes by fast when we are busy. When we are slow there is nothing for me to do.. or maybe no one has trained me to do what i need to do??!!

Advice to Management

Train your new employees so they know what they need to do. For the first couple weeks i feel anyone new should have direct supervison so there will be no "uh oh" mistakes. And i feel it would be better to have more than 1 csr .. the workday would be alot smoother with 2 csr's