Aaron's - Rough ride but overall good experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

"Rough ride but overall good experience."

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Livingston, TX
Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Livingston, TX

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aaron's really does have a lot going for it. The company overall has a number of benefits and career opportunities, if you have access to the right people. The compensation is good. There are plenty of bonus/incentives offered, but they are mostly to the sales/accounts departments. Got to meet some great people and see some interesting locations. There are stores all over the place and you have the ability to move almost anywhere and still work for the company.

Cons

As with a number of large companies that rely on stores all over the place, you can expect various styles of management, infighting, backstabbing, etc. Some stores seemed like tight-knit families, while others were filled with paycheck players and enemies. As the stores run a limited number of employees, it is hard to get time off. Bonuses are based on customer account metrics and depending on your store area, can be hard to maintain long enough to get the bonus.

Advice to Management

Offer more bonus opportunities to the delivery team. While the accounts and sales teams make the money for the store, its the delivery team that has the most impact with the customer. Setup a program to make work/life balance easier for team members. A parent shouldn't have to miss out on child activities or other important matters because the store does not have enough employees to cover the workers shift. This is especially true for the delivery team.

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's

1. "Manager Trainee- Nice Pay but unhealthy"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Aaron's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

$10.50 an hour plus time and a half which equals to about 11.80 an hour at 40 hrs a week.

Cons

Bugs! If you do not like bugs and do not want them coming home with you... this is not the company for you. It is VERY possible to bring home bed bugs working at a lease to own place. When people dont want or do not pay for their merchandise they can return it and what ever is on it

Advice to Management

Beg bugs are NOT a company standard! They are a health hazard!

2. "Ok for a good o'l boy, hard for a female."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tomball, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tomball, TX

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GoodPay, Gives plenty of overtime. Develop friendships. Great Benefits.

Cons

Passed over twice for Sales Manager and when I asked what I needed to work on they said, but was careful how they said it, was because I was female. Didn't think I could handle the occasional delivery. When the Regional Manager visits you can't do anything right. Every Friday morning meeting is the same, it goes lie this..."You suck, you suck, you suck, SALE SALE SALE!!!" They do not make sure you get a lunch, much less a fifteen minute break. Most people in the back office work 12+ hours a day. The sales team are on there feet all day and most of the work is pushed off on them. If your a female, good luck with climbing the ladder, especially if your regional manager is bi-ast. If you don't have a problem with talking people into buying things they don't need and can't afford then this is the place for you. The drivers are over worked and under paid. Usually start off at minimum wage. Work all day long into the late evenings. Was passed over for promotion for no other reason then being a girl. I had never been wrote up, Never failed a phone shop. In fact made 600 easily a year and had the best score on phone shops. Was mistaken all the time for a manager because I handled everything. Had the best repor with my customers. Didn't call in sick all the time, wasn't habitually late. Knew how and did the Sales Manager job while we had no Sales Manager for 4 months, but would not promote me. Both Male sales managers after me were 23 year old boys and both tanked the store. Also this company has a very high rate of divorce for Store Managers because they work 70+ hours and never get a day off, NEVER.

Advice to Management

Promote those that deserve it. Don't promise interviews and duck questions that are asked. Make sure your employees are taken care of. Even the store managers work 70+ hours a week and never get a day off. Recognize employees competencies and reward them and help them work on opportunities for self improvement. Delegate jobs among all employees for a more productive store.