Aaron's - Tremendous opportunity with a thoughtful company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

"Tremendous opportunity with a thoughtful company"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was honestly a little bit hesitant about working in the rent to own industry before I started, but the opportunity sounded great so I went for it. Two years later, I can't imagine being anywhere else. I work regularly with people who sincerely care about their work. It is motivating to work with people who bring their best every day--in fact; it propels me to push harder! There is a lot of change within the organization, and it’s thrilling to participate in the future success of Aaron's. I had no idea the tremendous impact Aaron's makes on the communities we serve-- and was humbled to be a part of the service aspect of our business recently.

Cons

I think there is some opportunity with benefits. We saw a significant improvement in 2013 benefits and are always searching to be competitive in the market. I look forward to what's to come!

Advice to Management

I am incredibly grateful to work for a leadership team that is approachable and sincerely cares about its associates as Aaron’s does. Personally, I’ve never felt more supported by my boss and by my senior leadership team. It’s clear my success is their priority!

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's

1. "Excellent benefits, more stress than most are able to handle, dependable, help others"

Current Employee - General Manager in Cantonment, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Cantonment, FL

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to actually help people and fulfill needs. My customers and co-workers now and in the past have generally been some of the best people I have known. Typically off two days a week, but also receive 5 paid holidays, 5 sick days, 10 vacation days, 401K match program up to 4% immediately vested, supplemented insurance, opportunity for advancement, and employee discounts. Also, a very dependable employer even in this tough economy.

Cons

Tough schedule for maintaining work/ life balance. I typically work 8am to 8pm five days a week as a salaried store manager (not that bad for retail), but most employees work 45 hours per week. It is a demanding job and you will be a financial advisor, mover, salesperson, repair technician, collector, Santa Claus, grinch, janitor, and more all rolled into one.

Advice to Management

The joy of this job depends solely on your supervisor. I'm flexible as a manager and my employees are less stressed, and my regional manager is more flexible which keeps me less stressed, but some Stores/ Regions are unbearable for no reason other than poor management. Also, we are headed in the right direction but a long way to go on diversity- still a good ol' boy system.

2. "Continuously changing and improving"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ever growing and bringing with growth the challenges and excitement of change.

Cons

Employees not brought into the discussion or included in management decision making process. Very much, "my way or the highway" even though employees are referred to as teams when in fact, teams did not exist. No form of orientation or explanation of other departments or how the company works as a whole.

Advice to Management

Put orientation and on-boarding into place and to always communicate to the employees and to develop work teams that are truly work teams that address and resolve problems and participate in department decisions.