Aaron's - This company is for hard workers, nothing is given. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

"This company is for hard workers, nothing is given."

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Aaron's offers one of the few opportunities to really earn over $100,000 without a college education. Store managers work hard and are rewarded with really good pay. If you don't perform and work for it, you won't make much and then be moved out. That's the way it should be.

Cons

They expect you to do a lot of self management, there is not a lot of hand holding which can be overwhelming when you first start.

Advice to Management

Keep training and Keep paying.

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's

1. "Great organization to work for -- I'm PROUD to be a part of the Aaron's Team!!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great, high energy culture, high quality talented associates, meaningful contributions to the community, extensive training program desiged to move up within the organization. I'm proud to be a part of the community we serve through Aaron's -- our customers are the best!

NOBODY BEATS AARON'S!! The difference is personal!

Cons

With growth of the company, Aaron's is getting better at making sure messaging makes it from top leadership all the way down to the store level.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with new training opportunities and development of new resources for associate use. As the organization gets bigger, we get better! NOBODY!

2. "Enjoyable most days"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at Aaron's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty good health insurance coverage. Relaxed atmosphere with co-workers and customers. In this position you get to have about as much "fun" as you can have at work on most days, trying to create a good sales environment.

Cons

As a Sales Manager for this company, you could be a General Manager for most other companies and have less responsibility with same or better pay. Hours are insane, and don't plan on family time. Management isn't afraid to insist you work your day off, or feel like your job is in jeopardy if you don't.

Advice to Management

Pay the employees for the job they do. Don't abuse the fact that they are on salary and just start piling as much as you can onto one plate expecting they can just work an extra day to get it all done.