Aaron's - Culture is changing... | Glassdoor

"Culture is changing..."

Current Employee - Home Office Staff in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Home Office Staff in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As you will see in a lot of the reviews, the "good 'ole boy" system was alive an well in this company for many years, probably since it's creation. Eight years ago, I would not have recommended this company. Two years ago, I still would not have recommended this company. After all the strides and changes over the past year or so, I'm beginning to feel differently. The changes (which include increase in salary, increase in vacation time, increase and more options with heath benefits-just to name a few) have more of an impact on new/future employees than current ones, but it is still a HUGE change in the overall culture. I've gone from being slightly embarrassed to work for this company to being optimistic of the future of Aaron's.

Cons

Although the culture is changing, it's still very new. There are still a lot of old school managers in the Home Office that are dead set on their way of doing things and basically ignore any attempts to change. There are also a few managers that can't "be touched" (no one can quite figure it out - they are incredibly awful at their jobs) and I feel sorry for their staff on a daily basis. Unfortunately, it does still depend on which department you're in and who your manager is, as to how you will be treated and developed if you work in the home office.

Advice to Management

Home office employees have been treated in the past as "overhead" as opposed to being an integral part of the company. I feel like this has started to change, but there's a lot of room to grow in this area. Work/life balance needs improvement. Work-from-home opportunities for home office employees would be a tremendous step in the right direction and I think would boost employee morale greatly.

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's

1. "This company is for hard workers, nothing is given."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Aaron's offers one of the few opportunities to really earn over $100,000 without a college education. Store managers work hard and are rewarded with really good pay. If you don't perform and work for it, you won't make much and then be moved out. That's the way it should be.

Cons

They expect you to do a lot of self management, there is not a lot of hand holding which can be overwhelming when you first start.

Advice to Management

Keep training and Keep paying.

2. "Great organization to work for -- I'm PROUD to be a part of the Aaron's Team!!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great, high energy culture, high quality talented associates, meaningful contributions to the community, extensive training program desiged to move up within the organization. I'm proud to be a part of the community we serve through Aaron's -- our customers are the best!

NOBODY BEATS AARON'S!! The difference is personal!

Cons

With growth of the company, Aaron's is getting better at making sure messaging makes it from top leadership all the way down to the store level.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with new training opportunities and development of new resources for associate use. As the organization gets bigger, we get better! NOBODY!