Aaron's - Not enough pay for job duty! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

"Not enough pay for job duty!"

Current Employee - Product Technician in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Product Technician in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Paid sick time. Paid holidays. Always getting 40 hours.

Cons

Constantly working after scheduled time. Managers not caring enough about their employees time. Having to work late hours in the week, then going in on a Saturday to open and leave after only a few hours of working because it's "overtime," and that's one thing that Aaron's don't like to pay. Not recieving incentives that we are offered. Always having bonuses put far out and beyond employees reach. Promotions are far, few, and beyond reach of the "average" employee. The less you're doing for the company, the more you get noticed. They never notice employees who give 110 percent. Notice how all the 5-star ratings are from higher paid employees?

Advice to Management

Managers need to be more organized, they don't schedule things in a timely manor. Treat all employees the same, and respect them all.

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's

1. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited growth potential. Aaron’s offers a product and service second to none. If you’re willing to work hard and follow the program you will have an extremely rewarding career.

Cons

Long hours. Little time for family. The company does not invest enough resources supporting the individual employee that ultimately is responsible for its overall success. I do feel however the environment is beginning to change for the better.

Advice to Management

As you consider change, communicate with successful associates that work in the field. Be open minded to their recommendations and respect their experience and achievements.

"Glad to have moved on to bigger and better opportunities"

Former Employee - Divisional Staff in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Divisional Staff in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits were pretty good and I very much enjoyed working with most of the people on my team.

Cons

Extremely poor management and lack of respect for hardworking employees. Doesn't matter how long you have been with the company, how loyal you have been, or much you have contributed in the past; if they think it's your time to go for whatever reason, they will keep digging until they find a way to fire you. Since Ron Allen became the new CEO, the company has shifted towards a downward spiral. I know plenty of good people (many in management or director level) who have spent many years at this company only to be let go for absolutely trivial reasons in the last 6 months alone. Don't be fooled by their new corporate "culture" campaign. It is all a facade!

Aarons salaries are also significantly lower than industry average. I would only apply here if you were desperate, and looking for a short term opportunity especially if you are looking for a place to grow your career.

Advice to Management

What management?