Aaron's - My time with the company has been rewarding and informative. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

"My time with the company has been rewarding and informative."

Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - General Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Aarons does offer those who strive and work hard the availabilty to grow with in the company. The benefits are very good for me and my family. The pay is competitive with other positions of like manner. I am thankful for the opportunity to grow and learn with in this organizantion. We are definately moving in a better direction.

Cons

I feel that the training has not been the most adaquate in the past. Some days the stress level can be high and tiring.

Advice to Management

continue to seek out ways to make aarons the best place to have a career.

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's

1. "A place where deception and lies dictate reality"

Current Employee - General Manager in West Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - General Manager in West Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good at GM level but starve to get there. Benefits

Cons

I was told I wasn't allowed a day off if I wanted to be successful. You don't work Sundays but you work 80 hours a week. Middle management and VP level are evil. They constantly threaten your job and make life pure hell. I spent years trying to make my career with this unrelenting company as successful as possible. However, it was impossible to be good enough. You have to be an in person to promote. On manager grew well but could make a profit to save his life and was promoted to RM where he was less than honest and systimatically fired and replaced every person not one of his yes men. I was profitable in a store that never made a profit and grew without fail and was told constantly I was going to be fired if I didn't love and support my RM and cover his butt when questions were asked. I refused to be unethical until I finally had a choice of family being supported or make a choice to follow my RM. Thus I was fired. I certainly hope you think twu ce about a company where average tenure is 3 years. The philosophy is constantly replace people because it keeps us fresh. So if your thinking Aarons as a career run as fast as you can away and never come back. You'll be asked to treat customers bad and associates worse. GOOD LUCK!

Advice to Management

Offer help not yell and belittle your staff.

2. "Trust me...keep looking"

Former Employee - Customer Account Manager
    Former Employee - Customer Account Manager

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Its something to fill in the blanks on your resume

Cons

Hours, you are expected to not go into overtime, but if you have to, they make it even harder on you and then you wont get paid for it. Working form 8-8 leaves no time for family or parenting. This is how they keep you right where they want you. Regional managers have no respect for you no matter how your numbers are or how hard you work.

Advice to Management

Your TAPS and little write Charlie a letter thing doesn't work. I tried to let home office know of my problems and I was chastised for it. You don't care about your employees, just the PR that says you do.