Aaron's - Glad to have moved on to bigger and better opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

"Glad to have moved on to bigger and better opportunities"

Former Employee - Divisional Staff in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Divisional Staff in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits were pretty good and I very much enjoyed working with most of the people on my team.

Cons

Extremely poor management and lack of respect for hardworking employees. Doesn't matter how long you have been with the company, how loyal you have been, or much you have contributed in the past; if they think it's your time to go for whatever reason, they will keep digging until they find a way to fire you. Since Ron Allen became the new CEO, the company has shifted towards a downward spiral. I know plenty of good people (many in management or director level) who have spent many years at this company only to be let go for absolutely trivial reasons in the last 6 months alone. Don't be fooled by their new corporate "culture" campaign. It is all a facade!

Aarons salaries are also significantly lower than industry average. I would only apply here if you were desperate, and looking for a short term opportunity especially if you are looking for a place to grow your career.

Advice to Management

What management?

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's

"The math does not add up."

Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Aaron's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Offer good pay and benefits.

Cons

Treat employees and customers very poorly. Will require to breach Federal Trade Commission laws among other laws and moral issues.

Advice to Management

Clean it up. Hire an actual HR department please. There are reasons that you are being sued for millions constantly. Look in the mirror and correct the issues please. The old Aaron's Rents did not operate in such an obscene manner when it began. I actually remember this.

2. "Not bad. Not good."

Former Employee - "manager" in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - "manager" in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Aaron's full-time

Pros

Good benefits. Off Sundays. 401k decent.

Cons

If you are below GM you will make no money. Plain and simple. A lot of work for not much money. But they will remind you ad neuseum that the company makes 3 billion a year. None of it goes to the people who actually make the store run. Csr, pt, cam and sm. Oh, and be prepared to work when your really sick. No one will let you call off.

Advice to Management

"managers" should make minimum 35k. Cut out the politics. Too much of "who you know" to advance.