Aaron's - Truth about Aaron's, Great Lakes | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Aaron's

"Truth about Aaron's, Great Lakes"

Former Employee - Customer Accounts Manager Plus in Chicago Heights, IL
Former Employee - Customer Accounts Manager Plus in Chicago Heights, IL

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There isn't a great reason. They tell you that there is a "cap" on pay. They give you raises of 10 cents. They have ridiculous goals, and even in the summer, they expect you to conquer skips, charge offs, or whatever else. You only get commission if you hit your new customer goal, instead of total sales. The VP of Great Lakes has no heart, and like any other retail gig, he has no idea about talent. I went to the GM Boot Camp, which is an amazing training tool, yet the RM in Chicago, doesn't enforce any of it.

Cons

The GM's have their hands tied about staffing, compensation, and are just bad at training. The GM at 1140 and 1147 know what they are doing, but the rest of that good old boy network is a joke.
Do the math, they say.
Do not work here. It is straight up clown college.

Advice to Management

Replace the VP, Chicago RM. Give proper cost of living wages.

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's

1. "Not a great company to work for."

Current Employee - CAM in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - CAM in Rockford, IL

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sales and management learning experience is ok if entry level.

Cons

Terrible respect, throw each other under the bus.

Advice to Management

There was no communication nor did they listen to lower level at all ideas.

"Difficult Job for the Underdog"

Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Manager Trainee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sundays off- great vacation benefits- you get to meet a lot of people from all walks of life. From football players to out of work grocers, there is no limit to who may walk through your doors.

Cons

The hours are terrible. Not enough pay for the amount of work required. The higher up people (GM and above) are quick to stab people in the back. There is no loyalty in this company whatsoever. They talk a lot about building relationships and working with people and all that, but this does not in any way apply to the employees. Anyone lower than a GM is viewed as disposable and this view is always made abundantly clear. I was denied a raise a few months ago because "it wasnt in the budget", but the person I had to train to replace me when I transferred stores was brought in at a dollar more and hour than I was. The pay is not worth the extreme stresses that both your body and mind are put through every day.

Advice to Management

If you continue to undervalue your employees, you will eventually end up like Wal Mart where everyone in the world hates you. You may, for a time, remain extremely profitable, but this will eventually fall apart.