Aaron's - Constantly changing | Glassdoor

"Constantly changing"

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great upper management (depending on location)

Cons

Long Hours 8am-9pm most days, Tough to balance a healthy home life.

Other Employee Reviews for Aaron's

1. "Not Bad hard work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-If you like to work lots of hours then you have the ability to work 45-50 hours a week, Management must work at least 45. which you get overtime.
    -Usually the people are good to work with.

Cons

-Unrealistic and crazy collections, sales goals.
    -The Store manager works at least 60+ hours so he has no personal life.
    -They take advantage of hard workers and pay them low. If you say something they only reference to the fact that they give you an extra 5-10 hours of overtime but keep your base pay the same.
    -If you work in a bad area it will be harder to reach any type of collections goal because the people just do not care at all and senior management does not care at all.

Advice to Management

raise the pay for management. No one wants to bust their butts and have to work 50 hors just to make ends meat.

"Worst job ever!"

Former Employee - Manager In Training in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager In Training in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Aaron's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to get out of store.

Cons

Get paid crap money for allot of work. Have to make 300 plus calls collect on crazy people trying not to pay there bills for there tvs or furniture. Have to lift 300plus pound washers with cement in them up flights of stairs. And no matter if you have a college degree or not.No matter your previous work history or education they will not promote you if you do not know or are related to someone! pays 11hr. The managers will crook the accounts numbers and not put in the returns of items so they get there bonus and you get written up. Terrible company they ride the backs of young people and sit on there buts and collect there money! If you value Your body and your mind and your future. Keep looking this place is a JOKE!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees at least $20 an hour. I now have a job with the same Associates degree and previous managment expeirence and i Make $35$ an hour doing less work. The company pays and promotes the wrong people! And then hires friends and family that have no clue what there doing. The only thing that keeps them going is like I said the Tallent that they cycle through.! The huge pay cut i took was a huge burdon. I was making $40k a year before coming here. I was promised a managment postion in six months. After that they didnt even consider me after i sold everything in sight collected money like no other and handled problems like a pro.Very un-American company. no Chance for promotion. And I was one of the few that Took every online test they had.