Abcam - Awesome company culture, really encourage new ideas, even as an intern | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abcam

"Awesome company culture, really encourage new ideas, even as an intern"

Former Intern - Event Planning in Cambridge, MA
Former Intern - Event Planning in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Abcam as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Team meetings encourage creativity, great environment, everyone is approachable, office is well laid out and accommodating

Cons

It was sometimes hard working with people in the UK because of the time change, but this really should not even count as a con

Other Employee Reviews for Abcam

"Good place to work...but really could be a "great" place to work with a few changes."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Abcam has a very nice environment and a lot of ambitious plans as a company. I am proud to say I work there, and when people find out I work there (if they know who we are), they know I am working for a good place. I receive good benefits (100% paid insurance!) and other perks. It's great.

Cons

I don't like trying to find a place to park there, and they do not provide parking. Also, it feels like I cannot advance and get promoted, because the people managing the place have been there a long time and are not going anywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job. Abcam is a good place to work, and still has a small-business feel. I enjoy my job.

"Great for many different people"

I have been working at Abcam full-time

Pros

It has a great culture, and most departments are very collegial. It offers excellent benefits, and accessibility to leadership, who are often very good about providing feedback.

Cons

not all departments have growth opportunities, and as a result some departments have higher rates of turnover. That can cause issues with continuity or the ability to build relationships among different departments.

Advice to Management

Recognize the efforts of employees more consistently, and do more to give individual recognition (especially to the unsung heroes).