Abcam - Good place to work...but really could be a "great" place to work with a few changes. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abcam

"Good place to work...but really could be a "great" place to work with a few changes."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Abcam has a very nice environment and a lot of ambitious plans as a company. I am proud to say I work there, and when people find out I work there (if they know who we are), they know I am working for a good place. I receive good benefits (100% paid insurance!) and other perks. It's great.

Cons

I don't like trying to find a place to park there, and they do not provide parking. Also, it feels like I cannot advance and get promoted, because the people managing the place have been there a long time and are not going anywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep doing a great job. Abcam is a good place to work, and still has a small-business feel. I enjoy my job.

Other Employee Reviews for Abcam

"Good Culture, Uncompetitive Renumeration"

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Abcam (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly people, relaxed culture, growing company with big plans for the future so exciting to be a part of. Share scheme is a big plus, but also locks you in.

Cons

Lack of transparency over progression, and not competitive salaries compared to other companies based in Cambridge.

Advice to Management

Consider how you will develop your people and retain talent.

"Great Mix of People and interesting work in a company growing up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Abcam full-time

Pros

- Interesting Work and Bright, Intelligent People
    - Warm and Friendly culture, people are welcoming and will always help
    - Loads of social activity - games nights, wellbeing events, team evenings out
    - Very little hierarchy or politics
    - Very global organisation and a chance to work with people from lots of backgrounds
    - Pace of change is very fast
    - Company is growing up and investing more in facilities, systems and people.

Cons

- Current Cambridge UK Office is getting a bit tired but are relocating next year to the Biomedical Campus in a new building
    - The pace of change can be relentless
    - It's still a medium sized company, so whilst there are good career opportunities, it won't be the same as somewhere like GSK or AZ

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing but protect what's made Abcam special in the past.