Abercrombie & Fitch - Great job but very stressful | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Great job but very stressful"

Current Employee - Full Time Stock/Lead Stock
Current Employee - Full Time Stock/Lead Stock

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers/ friends that help each other constantly

Great discount (40% at abercrombie and 30% at hollister if you are the full time stock) (30% at abercrombie and 20% at hollister if you are pti or model)

Good pay/benefits for full time stock

People generally have a lot of respect for the full time stock in abercrombie stores.

I was pti. then got promoted to full time stock, then went back to pti. It was an amazing job that i will love and miss and remember forever. Unfortunately I had to go back to pti due to stress and school.

Cons

Stress stress stress. All I would do is go home and be stressed. Part time impact, and model is great for college students, but I do not recommend the full time stock job for students. I did it for two months before I became completely overwhelmed with stress and work, although if you need to work full time and don't have a degree, it would be a good job.

If you work at the kids store, you may not get a lot of pti hours, so you barely have anybody helping you.

Advice to Management

Be realistic

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "Under-appreciated"

Current Employee - Sales Associate (Model)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate (Model)

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. You don't need to go through the hassle of telling your manager what days you need off since you can just do it all online. You can also work once a week and no one minds it.
    Lot of workers so finding a cover is not very hard.

Cons

Impossible to get a raise
    Hearing defects
    Bad smell
    "models" or sales associates don't really do anything but stand around and talk to each other. So if you are a hard worker, you will be cleaning up the slack everyone else leaves around. Managers have favorites and I've seen people who have stopped getting scheduled or get scheduled only call-ins because the managers simply wanted that worker to quit.
    Having to buy the associate clothes. It seems that the CEO always likes to pick the ugliest (full-priced) clothes and make their associates buy them with a discount that will save you about 40$ but you still end up paying 40$ for a darn sweater that you will never wear outside of work. The managers also make you buy this stuff, and will go out of their way to harass you to buy them (phone calls, telling workers that you will not be scheduled otherwise).
    Everybody at this store gossips. One rule: Don't share your life unless you want random strangers knowing about it
    They hire based on looks. Management has a book filled with what abercrombie workers should look like. You can be as dumb as a rock, but looks will get you in this company.
    No nail polish and you have to wear sandals or converse only.

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap.

2. "Pretty good."

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People and great atmosphere to work in. You'll definitely make great friends and these are the people that makes you want to come to work everyday. Moving up in the company is definitely faster than other companies. I love that this company gives new college grads a chance to prove themselves and shine. :)

Cons

Hours are not that great. You are suppose to have set days off, but that rarely happens. You're days off usually change. Pay is not that great especially as a starting management salary. Bulk buyers sucks and good MIT's are hard to get.

Advice to Management

Instead of spending your money on giving District Managers an Audi as a company car. Please raise management salary. DM's can survive with Honda's and Toyotas. Just saying.