Abercrombie & Fitch - It's the type of job where if you live with your parents/ or a in college and parents still send you money and stuff. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"It's the type of job where if you live with your parents/ or a in college and parents still send you money and stuff."

Former Employee - Floor Model in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Floor Model in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job to do if you're in high school and still live with parents. Because so, you'll get your paycheck and save up/ have money to say buy a Playstation or money for girlfriend or such :)

Could meet a girlfriend (if you're a boy), or a Boyfriend (if you're a girl). I had 3 chances ;)

Choose your hours

Cons

You have to buy clothing to model it like $70 a shirt only to get a 30% or 10% discount (i forgot).

No way in heck should you make it a full time job. Even my store manager drove suckie cars (unless they have significant others to who help them or so).

Minimum wage.

Not a job you want to make a career out of. Again though it might be ok if you're living with parents and going working full time.

If you wana make it a career, no go to College and study to be an Accountant, of a Business major....don't do that dumb shht of saying "well oh, I'm working my way up the corporation...B.S!! Get your degree then make a career with the Corporation straight with them fresh out of college.

Advice to Management

IT REALLY depends on the type of person they are!! If they are a**holes your shift will be kind of not cool... I had a really Good manager who treats everyone really nice and others who Make people work and they just sit in the Back room not not help out... especially during closing.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "Not so great."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, the people that I worked with were all around the same age and had a lot in common. We had fun working together.

Cons

No recognition for work well done, no possibility of raise. There were quotas to fill in regards to the amount of people we had hired in each ethnic group, and qualified applicants were turned down because they were not the right skin color.

2. "Fun place to meet friends."

Pros

Fun people, learn customer service skills

Cons

Customers don't care how the merchandise looks

Advice to Management

Be more realistic