Abercrombie & Fitch - rollercoaster | Glassdoor

"rollercoaster"

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in New York, NY
Former Employee - Impact Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

able to dictate your availability whenever you wanted, uptight managers,

Cons

overstaffed, strict look policy, managers play favorites when clearly the store would fall apart without the impacters, no raises unless you are a kiss up,

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "Inspiring and productive"

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Every day you have the opportunity as a manager to lead and inspire subordinates as well as fellow managers. It's great to work for a company that truly has a standard of excellence! The health and insurance benefits are awesome. The career outlook, if you're willing to move and motivated, is amazing.

Cons

At times, I feel a little underpaid for what I do. If you have a supervisor that is not doing their job or is inadequate, it is impossible for their boss to truly know. In other words, upper management and home office does not ask for evaluations of managers from people that work for them.

Advice to Management

I think the evaluation system could be a little better as well as compensation for their managers that put so much effort on the ground level to make everything come together.

2. "Pros"

Current Employee - Model in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Model in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- It is easy to gain hours from shifts associates want to give up, additional hours gained if business was good that day, and associates not showing up.

- Call-Ins. After working for companies that doesn't have a call in system (you call in one hour before your shift and if business is good/it's busy they will ask you to come in), it's comforting to know when business picks up you have the help you need and associates aren't there long after close.

- Your work atmosphere is fun! As long as your doing something you can have fun doing it. For example, you can run from room to room dancing if you're putting items away. The playlist may not be your favorite music but I guarantee you can't go a shift without to a song. The majority of managers I've had are nice too.

- There is a three month long MIT (Manager in Training) program that helps coach new managers on running the store.

- More on hours. Like all aspects of life (including work) favorites are played. If you work hard or are "liked" by managers you will get more hours. If I was running a store I would like to schedule the people who are constantly moving and doing something rather the ones who stand around and chit chat. I'd also like to schedule those who are pleasant to work with. Being nice and friendly doesn't hurt :)

Cons

- Work/Life Balance is rough