Abercrombie & Fitch - Abercrombie Impact Team | Glassdoor

"Abercrombie Impact Team"

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Littleton, CO
Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Littleton, CO

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I got hands on experience organizing inventory and learning how the company deals with returns and shipments of new inventory.

Cons

Very strict dress code and image the company is trying to build. Training wasn't very helpful in learning the new job.

Advice to Management

Develop more hands on training with new employees and better prepare them for their shifts. Also hire less employees so that there's more of a personal relationship between management and the rest of the team.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "rollercoaster"

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Impact Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

able to dictate your availability whenever you wanted, uptight managers,

Cons

overstaffed, strict look policy, managers play favorites when clearly the store would fall apart without the impacters, no raises unless you are a kiss up,

2. "Pros"

Current Employee - Model in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Model in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- It is easy to gain hours from shifts associates want to give up, additional hours gained if business was good that day, and associates not showing up.

- Call-Ins. After working for companies that doesn't have a call in system (you call in one hour before your shift and if business is good/it's busy they will ask you to come in), it's comforting to know when business picks up you have the help you need and associates aren't there long after close.

- Your work atmosphere is fun! As long as your doing something you can have fun doing it. For example, you can run from room to room dancing if you're putting items away. The playlist may not be your favorite music but I guarantee you can't go a shift without to a song. The majority of managers I've had are nice too.

- There is a three month long MIT (Manager in Training) program that helps coach new managers on running the store.

- More on hours. Like all aspects of life (including work) favorites are played. If you work hard or are "liked" by managers you will get more hours. If I was running a store I would like to schedule the people who are constantly moving and doing something rather the ones who stand around and chit chat. I'd also like to schedule those who are pleasant to work with. Being nice and friendly doesn't hurt :)

Cons

- Work/Life Balance is rough