Abercrombie & Fitch - High stress work environment, excellent benefits however | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"High stress work environment, excellent benefits however"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has excellent benefits and decent compensation.

Cons

At times it can feel a little like being in high school. Poor work/life balance.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "AMAZING"

Current Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy job
     no hard work
     if you have a college degree you can move up to manager with ease
    scholarship giveaways
     very student friendly
     flexible with schedule

Cons

no raise
     employee discount is only 30%

Advice to Management

none. you guys are great.

2. "Chill, good for a part-time job but has it's drawbacks that you must learn to deal with"

Current Employee - Impact Team Member
    Current Employee - Impact Team Member

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time

Pros

Lots of interesting people that will be around your age if you're a college aged student. Most of the time they will be cool with you, it definitely helps if you're attractive and outgoing. I've definitely made a lot of friends working here, and at least my store being the smallest tier it is really laid back and if you are on the managers good side you can pretty much get away with anything minus stealing from the store.

Cons

The pay is awful, and raises only happen like once a year and in my experience they weren't really given to ones who deserved it. It seems they favor models over impact for raises even though impact definitely does much more work. Girls usually non-stop talk/gossip which should be expected but just be careful of what you do when it comes to going out, meeting up, or doing anything outside of work with co-workers especially those of the other sex.

I'm about to blow up the terrible pay also:

I know of no store manager within my region that gets paid more than $40k annually. Assistant managers get paid about $28k, while head store managers seem to make about $35k. Was offered a position as a manager but after I had talked to mine I realized it was totally not worth the hassle and stress. Management positions within actual stores seem to be the worst positions you can work in.

Advice to Management

Stop giving regional positions to unqualified personnel. My DM went to school for fashion or some garbage, and thus is terrible at actually managing the people that work under her. She has little to no people skills and is viewed as extremely fake because she doesn't know how to manage people, ends up criticizing everyone's work while never explaining why what they did was wrong, the importance of why that needed to be done right and generally treats everyone below her as a stepping stone for her performance to move further up within corporate. Actually, it seems that is a general procedure of corporate: taking advantage of everyone within the retail side to maximize profits and your employees on this side notice that and genuinely feel used, and disenfranchised because of it.