Abercrombie & Fitch - Do not work here unless you are absolutly desperate for a job. Worst experience ever. DISCRIMINATORY. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Do not work here unless you are absolutly desperate for a job. Worst experience ever. DISCRIMINATORY."

Former Employee - Visual Assistant Manager in Beavercreek, OH
Former Employee - Visual Assistant Manager in Beavercreek, OH

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looks good on a resume, managerial experience helped me get my current corporate job.

Cons

Poor work life balance, office politics and management play favorites, IMAGE BASED company (I was told I needed to lose ten pounds oh and i'm a size 6...). No room for growth, unprofessional work environment. Company is going down fast, stores closing, lack of creative and corporate growth. In order to succeed at this company you have to recruit associates based 100% upon their appearances. Associates that are not as attractive are encouraged to be members of the Impact Team this team does most of it's work in the back stock room. The company is not doing well domestically however they are doing well internationally. Lots of empty promises, don't believe anything upper management tells you, their only goal is to keep you at the store level, promises of home offices and promotions are a joke.

Advice to Management

Stop playing office politics and favorites. Be professional, this is not high school it is suppose to be a work environment. Promote staff that deserves it instead of keeping them in stores because you are too lazy and complacent to bring in new management. Stop lying to your staff about things you plan on doing when in fact you have no intentions of doing it. Oh and of course stop judging people based on their appearances.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "Good if you just need a few hours and a little money"

Former Employee - "Model" in Beavercreek, OH
    Former Employee - "Model" in Beavercreek, OH

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

people you work with and the job is super easy

Cons

can't get more than 15 hours usually and it's pretty much minimum wage

Advice to Management

hire less people, reward those who actually work and you may see your customer service reviews impr

2. "Overall, I have had a pleasant experience working at the Abercrombie home office."

Current Employee - Home Office Developemnt in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Home Office Developemnt in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun environment, excellent benefits, onsite cafeteria and workout facility, good chance for growth. The employees and the overall atmosphere make it a satisfactory place for employment.

Cons

You must have a college degree to obtain the majority of the positions. there are ways to progress without a degree, but it takes a while.