Abercrombie & Fitch - Pleasant Experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

See Most Recent

"Pleasant Experience"

Star Star Star Star Star
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Former Employee - "model" A K A Sales Associate in Concord, NH
Former Employee - "model" A K A Sales Associate in Concord, NH
No opinion of CEO

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Low-key, good discount, mostly friendly atmosphere, attained experience in a wide variety of tasks, always on the schedule for as many day of the week I requested.

Cons

The managers didn't always handle stress well, there was some discrimination involved, training wasn't adequate - I basically just got a tour but wasn't taught how to properly fold clothes or how to handle certain types of customers. Learn as you go.

Advice to Management

Ease-up.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

  1. Helpful (1)

    "Not worth it"

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rochester, MN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Rochester, MN
    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO

    I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than a year)

    Pros

    Young management and staff so potential to have a great time at work. Casual dress, and semi-relaxed environment (really what you make of it). The job itself, once you get the routine down, is very easy since the company tells you exactly what to do every day through memos and a daily "program".

    Cons

    High turnover, low pay (1/2 pay for over 40 hours), no appreciation from management- a management that sometimes has only been promoted to management because they've been with the company for so long. The expectations are very high for "customer service" standard and "visual presentation" standard but the pay is worse than most retail management positions. You're also expected to complete tasks with models who only work 4-8 hours a week because the company prefers to have "fresh faces" for customers. With these people who hardly every practice doing anything relevant to the tasks you're supposed to get floor sets and updates done very quickly. It can be very frustrating.

    Advice to Management

    Promote based on quality of work and not just based on who gets the best looking recruits. Focus on customer service and differentiating the brand instead of creating an elite environment and basically making a clique out of the store. Pay better and give people more of an incentive to stay- if you only promote from within, you have to keep good candidates who actually want to stay long term.


  2. "I got the job while I was still in high school but I didn't realize I would be working in one."

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Current Employee - Model in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Model in Orlando, FL
    Doesn't Recommend
    Neutral Outlook
    No opinion of CEO

    I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

    Pros

    You get to wear the clothes! That's a bonus. They say you don't have to wear their clothes but you can't work without them. It's the uniform, however, you do get 50% off the uniform other than that it's just 30% at A&F and 20% at Hollister. Another pro is that the playlist they have on loop isn't that bad to listen to. Also - at the beginning of 2013, they gave every associate a chance to get 7 full price items for 50% off. That's a plus.

    Cons

    I had a few friends that worked there, but other than that, the people are unbearable. The management is horrible. Any model on the sales floor could run that place better than some managers. The upper managers (district, regional) are sharks. Customers aren't that great either. It's just like high school.

    Advice to Management

    Act like your managers and not high schoolers. This is my job. My life does not revolve around a job that gives me less than 20 hours a week.

There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

See Most Recent

Work at Abercrombie & Fitch? Share Your Experiences

Abercrombie & Fitch
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or