Abercrombie & Fitch - Great company with potential if they would only INVEST in their talented employees. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Great company with potential if they would only INVEST in their talented employees."

Current Employee - Model/Brand Representative
Current Employee - Model/Brand Representative

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A very casual, upbeat atmosphere. You can wear jeans and converse shoes everyday to work.
Company has a great image and has a firm grasp on their point of view. A great company to grow with if they allow you to do so. Opportunities to travel globally and to work at Home Office are available.

Cons

No growth potential if you don't have your bachelors degree. Seriously, in my opinion, you do NOT need a degree to succeed in this industry. I worked for 5 years as a Brand Rep/Model/Stock Manager in which I fully supported the store, and on occasion surrounding store's, visual standards and truly had high standards for my work. My DM and SM supported me but without a bachelors degree there is nowhere to advance.

Advice to Management

Allow talented associates to grow with the company whether or not they have a bachelors degree. Start hiring employees based on their previous work experience. I have witnessed too many awful management hires working for A&F who have no clue what they are doing nor do they care for their career. Lastly, PLEASE ELEVATE YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE. SERIOUSLY.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "Cool as a part time"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible schedule, upbeat co-worker, nice environment, great employee discount. cash bonus during holiday season.

Cons

unexpected call-in shift, unorganized task agenda, hard to please difficult customers. sometimes the schedule being too flexible can cause you to work more 40 hours one week versus only 10 hours for another week.

Advice to Management

More PR to change the stereotype of the brand

"Dissapointing"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Dublin, OH

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of responsibility in an entry level career.
    Discount is good for management
    Flexible Scheduling

Cons

Stressful atmosphere
    rude upper management
    unprofessional in every way

Advice to Management

Need to be more aware of hiring and firing practices, treat your associates like human beings, stop firing people who are good and keeping people who suck