Abercrombie & Fitch - Don't work here unless you want to be treated horribly! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Don't work here unless you want to be treated horribly!"

Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Impact Team Member in Boston, MA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- You are always paid on time

- There is different music played downstairs in Impact than upstairs. Trust me, the music upstairs will drive you insane after a 5 hour shift.

- Not a difficult job, super easy

Cons

- The managers are rude and immature. They always had a negative attitude and took it out on all the workers.

- Shift communication is horrible! The website and what the managers tell you on the phone are completely different. Often the site was wrong and I would come into work only to be told that I wasn't on call. If I called ahead of time for my shifts that week, they would tell me the wrong days. FYI If a manager calls to say you don't have to work that day...expect another call on the day of your shift yelling at you for not showing up.

- During closing, the doors outside AND inside are locked. You CANNOT leave unless a manager "walks you out" this is to prevent stealing. Unfortunately, the managers "never have time" to walk you out. I went up to one manager and asked if I could get a walk out and she glared at me to say she was "too busy". Then she continued to stand there and gossip with the other workers. It takes at least 15-45 minutes to even get a walk out (this is super fun when you've already spent 5 hours at work)

- If you have the closing shift, you have to stay really late until all the clothes are folded and brought
upstairs ( this is pointless because the over night team just re-folds them anyways)

- You are stuck in a basement for five hours mindlessly folding clothes...enough said.

Advice to Management

- You need to learn how to communicate with each other. Often when I got a call from one manager telling me not to come in, another manager on the day of the shift would yell at me for not coming in.
- Act professional, you're attitude is not appreciated
- Do a walk out within a reasonable amount of time an employee requests

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "Compensation too low, Must buy outfits every couple months"

Current Employee - Cashier & Floor Model in West Nyack, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier & Floor Model in West Nyack, NY

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount on clothing, Young and relaxed employees, easy tasks

Cons

Required to buy seasonal outfits, limited hours, minimum wage, company values

2. "High turnover, poor training, hires based on looks."

Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Dallas, TX

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, good for high schoolers looking to waste some time.

Cons

Low pay for low labor, looks for physical perfection in their stores, you must wear navy, white, or gray. Must wear jeans, must wear flipflops. Managers aren't the brightest bunch. and there is high turnover.

Advice to Management

Value you your employees more. Hire better people and pay them better to reduce training costs.