Abercrombie & Fitch - Not the best place to work at | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

"Not the best place to work at"

Pros

You actually meet some decent people. If you are a shopper and actually like ANF's clothes, you can see and hear about the upcoming sales and clearances.

Cons

All the managers have been poorly trained and have no idea how to run the store properly. The music is way too loud for no reason. The backroom's music is so random and only one CD is allowed to be played. The managers don't do any work, even when it's clear that there is a low supply of workers.

Advice to Management

Train your employees better, and be reasonable with certain regulations.

Other Employee Reviews for Abercrombie & Fitch

1. "I value the work experience and the friends I made more than the company itself."

Current Employee - Impact Team Member in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Impact Team Member in Kennesaw, GA

I have been working at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I met some awesome associates and managers throughout the five years I was there.

Cons

The company has gotten more uptight over the years. The employee handbook says they won't require you to buy the clothes, as long as you have something similar to the current look and display no competitor logos. However, I've heard our DM say if associates don't buy the new look (which changes 3-5 times per year), they are not to be scheduled. There is a minimum number of new recruits they want each month, which is fine except it takes hours away from experienced associate and often, those old associates end up training new kids because the managers are busy trying to get their own tasks done. Most associates get three (on average) 4- or 5-hour shifts a week so there is a high turnover rate. It's a difficult company to move up in unless you start off as a manager. You need at least a bachelor's to enter the MIT program. So even if you are a dedicated worker who has put in numerous years (in my store there were at least four of us who were past the 5 year mark) and had no write-ups or customer complaints, you are basically stuck in the entry position. You may get to move up to lead stock, but only if your store feels like setting aside the hours for that position. The company focuses heavily on diversity and non-discrimination but it's not hard to find a list of the lawsuits A&F has been involved in. I will admit though that that issue is more because of the shady values of some individual managers so not every store has that problem. Honestly, this company is best suited for a summer or seasonal job and that's it.

2. "model"

Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Columbus, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate (Model) in Columbus, GA

I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good environment, easy job, had fun

Cons

too dark, awful when you went into work with a headache, boring at times.

Advice to Management

none, they did the best with what they had